components

This is the place for any magazine-related discussions that don't fit in any of the column discussion boards below.
frhrwa
Location: Eastern Washington (state) and N. Las Vegas (winter)

components

Post by frhrwa »

components... lots of: Z8400A Z80 CPU, Z8430A CTC, Z8442A Z80A S10/2,DL1414 display, MCM6665AL20, DMPAL16L8NC, COM1671, SN74ALS574N, HN426532G, crystals, switches, led's, gobs of other chips, etc.. any interest at all? anybody? :D
JESUS”…… don’t leave EARTH without HIM!
frhrwa

Re: components

Post by frhrwa »

going once... going twice, if no one wants this stuff, its going in the trash... to much stuff hanging around... FREE, JUST PAY YOUR SHIPPING!
Dean Huster

Post by Dean Huster »

And such is the problem with this hobby. It's dying. It's unfathomable to me that no one is willing to pay a modest cost for shipping for a pile of free parts. Me? I'd do it, but I already have all my stuff in storage since I don't have any room to store it in the house.<p>Are there any true, blue electronics experimenters out there at all or is everyone slaved to going no farther than on-line simulations?<p>Dean
Dean Huster, Electronics Curmudgeon
Contributing Editor emeritus, "Q & A", of the former "Poptronics" magazine (formerly "Popular Electronics" and "Electronics Now" magazines).

R.I.P.
frhrwa

Post by frhrwa »

your absolutely right.. as a kid, toying with electronics, I would have given my eye teeth for a box of this stuff.. there's memory chips, cpu's, leds, switches, counters, cap's, diodes, card cases, power supplies, regulators, lord knows what little treasure... but, I guess the price is to cheap?
Bernius1

Post by Bernius1 »

I'LL TAKE 'EM. AND TO REPAY THE FAVOR, I'LL POST
(SOON) A LISTING OF PARTS I RCV'D FROM AN RCA
TECH (NOW GONE). SOME 'ECG' PARTS, SOME UNUSUAL
TRANS'S, FOR TV REPAIR, & SOME 8-PIN IC's- METAL
CAN.
THANKS!!!!!
Can't we end all posts with a comical quip?
frhrwa

Post by frhrwa »

see that Dean? it brought someone right out of the woodwork... now maybe they'll go to some use.. and, I would have subscribed also and will if you have another change of mind.. it's what the world needs is a little of the "real" past back in the present!
L. Daniel Rosa

Post by L. Daniel Rosa »

Wayne, I'd love to take some of those treasures off your hands. I just have limited resources to ship and store them and i don't want to waste your time picking through them for the gems that I want.<p>I also have gobs of stuff in hundred plus quantity, I just don't know how or where to represent it for the interest level I think it deserves.
smcone

Post by smcone »

Hello everyone.<p>If anyone in the future wants to sell me their
"Electronic junk boxes", email me. I will usually
offer a little something more than "just the cost
of shipping" I usually am only interested in
unused parts in any quantity from one piece up.<p>Even though I'm in the business, I still get
the little kid thrill of seeing a part that
has been obsolete for many years.<p>I too am a hobbyiest, a Ham, and a current subsriber and advertisier in "Nuts & Volts"
and I used to be an advertiser in "Poptronics"
magazine. I won't tell you how many months of
advertising I am owed by them, with no hope of
ever seeing my money that was paid in advance returned.<p>Email me at [email protected]
or at www.smcelectronics.com
chessman

Post by chessman »

If anyone is willing and has some extra parts, I could greatly use some! I am a high school student and have been studying electronics for a while now. Unfortunately, I am lacking funds to support my hobby (need to save for a car...)
Anything would help, absolutely anything. I am most in need of misc. ICs and 7-segment LEDs. I could also use a new LCD w/ backlight....I bought a 2x20 for $10 but no backlight, argh!!
A piece I really need is a PIC programmer, i've tried the various no-parts programmers, but haven't had any of them work for me.<p>thanks for reading this and if you are able to help, thanks some more!
L. Daniel Rosa

Post by L. Daniel Rosa »

chessman, I have some things you might like. Send me an e-mail (my address is in my profile) and we'll figure out a care package. If you'll pay shipping then I won't be stingy.
frhrwa

Post by frhrwa »

Thanks guys for the response.. they're gone, went to Hauppage, NY this morning.. first fella with the shipping labels.... will see what else I can dig up tho..