looking for a Motorola V710 Cell phone

This is the place for any magazine-related discussions that don't fit in any of the column discussion boards below.
frhrwa
Location: Eastern Washington (state) and N. Las Vegas (winter)

looking for a Motorola V710 Cell phone

Post by frhrwa »

anyone have or no where I can purchase a Motorola V710 Cell phone that can be used on the Qwest network? Either with the correct ESN numbers or the unlock code to enable programming?.. thanks
JESUS”…… don’t leave EARTH without HIM!
MicroRem

Re: looking for a Motorola V710 Cell phone

Post by MicroRem »

Wayne, have u tried craigslist, Portland?
I have seen several cells for cheap

http://portland.craigslist.org/

good luck

Tom
frhrwa
Location: Eastern Washington (state) and N. Las Vegas (winter)

Post by frhrwa »

yep.. tried Craigs list all the way down to SF.. also EBAY.. still looking, most of the cell dealers want you to sign a 2 year contract.. I don't believe in signing contracts for phones.. been in the telecommunications business since 1968 and telephone companies do not make you sign contracts, why should cell companies..? so they leverage their phones over the contract.. and they monopolize on "their" phone.. funny, ATT couldn't do it with Western Electric, but the Cell companies are doing it today.. what gives with that.. be interested in hearing everyone's views on this..
JESUS”…… don’t leave EARTH without HIM!
MicroRem

Post by MicroRem »

Wayne, I think the cell companies do it because they can... I think they are afraid of competition, and by forcing a 2 year contract, they dont have to constantly compete for your business. I suspect one company will eventually break ranks, and the others will have to do the same to remain competitive.

Regards

Tom