Pocket Programmer 2

Electronics Computer Programming Q&A
mwb1957

Pocket Programmer 2

Post by mwb1957 »

I have a pocket programmer 2 that i have had for about 3 or 4 yrs. I havent used it for a while but i recently connected it to my pc powered it up and it still works just fine. My question is in regards programming a 27c256 32k byte eprom. I use this size eprom on my hc11 project boards, In the past I decoded the eprom from $8000 thru $ffff , and would then write my hc11 code starting at address $8000, this still works just fine. The problem is when i try to program the eprom with the pocket programmer 2, once I have selected my eprom device the program automatically shows device start $0000 , and device end $7fff which would be correct, but my code starts at $8000 thru $ffff , and when I load the buffer with the program to be burned to eprom its not listed in the buffer. I remember somehow I use to fool the pocket programmer 2 by changing some settings for either device start and end or hex file start and end and the pocket programmer would then burn the eprom from $0000 thru $7fff even thou my code would start at $8000. I f anyone knows how I should set the programmer to achieve the results I have stated above I would much appreciate if you could give me any help you can.