4000 Series Databook

This is the place for any magazine-related discussions that don't fit in any of the column discussion boards below.
Hello

4000 Series Databook

Post by Hello »

I would like to get a National Semiconductor 4000 Series CMOS databook. Anyone have one?
haklesup

Post by haklesup »

What vintage? Those things go back to the 70s and so do some of my databooks. Not sure if there is a new version. Some companies have practically stopped producing printed versions.

Whats wrong with downloading from the internet and printing the ones you need as you need them.
rshayes

Post by rshayes »

The CD4000 series was originally made by RCA and second sourced by others after it became popular. RCA was dissolved years ago, with some of its semiconductor business sold to Harris. Motorola was probably the major second source and intorduced several devices of their own.

Part of Motorola became ON Semiconductor. Their web may still have downloads of the Motorola CMOS books.
RDL2004

Post by RDL2004 »

You can usually find these (used) on eBay or from used book sellers on Amazon Marketplace, normally for pretty reasonable prices. Just search on:

"data book" +4000

I also know that TI has an online store where they still sell their TTL data book ($20 - new), they may have the 4000 series also - I don't remember.