Wart Remover - February Project

This is the place for any magazine-related discussions that don't fit in any of the column discussion boards below.
gwmayes

Wart Remover - February Project

Post by gwmayes »

I was wondering if anyone else had constructed this project, and was interested in sharing results. I built one, and like the author Mr. Scarborough, don't understand why/how it works; but it does!<p>My testing so far has been with a single, small wart that I had on the inside of my right thigh. Within about two minutes of applying the electrode, the wart simply fizzled and turned very black. It wasn't really that painful at all.<p>I actually built this for my grandson that has several on his hands and is absolutely terrified at returning to the Dr. for one of those painful cryo treatments.<p>I built mine into a small cast aluminum box and I actually use the box as the "dispersal" electrode. I simply used a test lead plugged into a bannana jack on the end for the active electrode.<p>I'm somewhat puzzled by the shape/quality of the output pulses. It would seem that the capacitance of the skin does not let the output pulses discharge more than about 50%. In other words, the trailing edge of the 24 volt output pulses only decays to about 12 - 15 volts before the MOSFET is fired again?<p>Anyone else have some info to share?<p>Thanks,
George in Albuquerque
haklesup

Re: Wart Remover - February Project

Post by haklesup »

Ick - I guess we can't complain when we get just a bit too much info.<p>Sounds like it was a withering success though. I haven't built this but I did scan the whole article and read the sidebar.<p>Seems to me that the frequency being just on the low end of ultrasound might be creating an acoustic wave in the cells excited by the alternate attraction and repulsion of ions. Recent work on Sonoluminescence has shown that plasma temperatures inside an imploding bubble can reach sun like temperatures.<p>Each kind of tissue has unique characteristics, physically and electrically. It must be that warts are differentiated enough from surrounding tissue to be selectively succeptable to cellular damage due to this electrical signal. Perhaps the cell walls are more rigid than soft healthy tissue and thus cannot endure the deformation caused by the beating of the signal.<p>It's not suprising the waveform is modified when under the load of your body. The output is supposed to be current limited.<p>I fortunately have no warts and plan no self-experimentation but will keep in mind your testamony to its effacy. Hopefully the mental image of .......... will fade.
Arah

Post by Arah »

I have just built the Wart Remover, but I think there is a problem:<p>when I measure with the oscilloscope on the gate of the transistor I can see a perfect square wave, measuring on the drain the wave become similar to a sinusoidal wave, same frequency (22.2 Khz). Is this correct?<p>I have used an IRF520 transistor.<p>Thanks.
carl_lavertu

Post by carl_lavertu »

I build the wart remover i had a 4 mm wart it took 3 treatement to remove it now completely removed Wow , it has been treated for the past 10 years without success by dermatologist and doctors.<p>the unit i build, the dispersive electrode is a metal plate on one side of the small plastic box i use and old volmeter probe for the active electrode . The circuit is a point to point wiring it took me one evening to assemble <p>regards Carl