Venturi Eclectic

This is the place for any magazine-related discussions that don't fit in any of the column discussion boards below.
Sambuchi

Venturi Eclectic

Post by Sambuchi »

Another EV..

range:31 miles
top speed:31 mph
battery:Ni-MH

checkout the leg room in the back seat!

http://autoshow.autos.msn.com/autoshow/ ... 1&GT1=8592
philba

Post by philba »

yeah but it's not a chick-magnet like this one -

http://www.teslamotors.com/index.php?js_enabled=1

only $100K.
ringo47stars

Post by ringo47stars »

The Venturi one lasts thousands of charges whereas the telsa only lasts 500.Maybe one day some one will think to put the good batteries in the good car.
Venturi - "Its Ni-MH battery packs takes five hours to charge on outlet power. Solar panels in the roof can add up to 7 km (4 miles) a day when it’s bright enough."
Telsa - "Li-Ion batteries are good for 500 complete charge/discharge cycles. One cycle consists of discharging the pack from 100% state of charge (SOC) to 0% SOC."
philba

Post by philba »

yeah but the tesla can go from 0 to 60 in 4 seconds. and when the babes are clambering for a ride in your tesla, who cares if the battery last half as long as the ventrui since you will be riding alone in that thing. lol
what would you want to ride in?
or
JPKNHTP

Post by JPKNHTP »

-JPKNHTP
-God Bless
Chris Smith

Post by Chris Smith »

Got to get rid of the milage and acceleration mentality.

It’s a luxury and stupidity of the old days when the world's resources were endless.

And when every one is driving a 500 pound car, the thought of a crash with a SUV will be old history.

You will survive just fine.
jollyrgr

Post by jollyrgr »

Chris Smith wrote:Got to get rid of the milage and acceleration mentality.

It’s a luxury and stupidity of the old days when the world's resources were endless.

And when every one is driving a 500 pound car, the thought of a crash with a SUV will be old history.

You will survive just fine.
SUVs are one thing. Semi trucks (which I was rear ended by) are another. I and my three passengers were lucky to be in a Chevy truck. No broken bones, a few sore musles. The truck hit us with enough force that it had to be towed away as well. Had we been in one of these "golf carts" I would not be typing this right now.
No trees were harmed in the creation of this message. But billions of electrons, photons, and electromagnetic waves were terribly inconvenienced!
philba

Post by philba »

jollyrgr wrote: Had we been in one of these "golf carts" I would not be typing this right now.
funny, the first thing i thought of when I saw the venturi was "golf cart". I doubt the tesla would hold up well either but at least it has some sort of cage around the passengers.

Some friends bought a "Smart Car". $38K. It's fun to drive, parking is a snap, gets about 50 mpg but man I wouldn't want to be in a collision in that thing.
Chris Smith

Post by Chris Smith »

And we still talk about all our mistakes?

As if they were good?

Good for the history books, bad for all of us.

Government semi's and their subsidies for gas, and SUV’s?

We all pay through the nose, now were broke and the world is polluted.

Get rid of all our mistakes, and start living.

Trains do what semis cant do, safer, cheaper, and better, and on top of that our roads are for the people, not commerce.

Time to wake up and smell the coffee.

Fight it all you want, or just wake up.
Sambuchi

Post by Sambuchi »

:lol:

wow, nice one philba.. Venturi vs the telsa

I threw out a 2 of hearts.. and you throw an ace of clubs. :lol:

I do like some of the Venturi specs... thou

*price:$30,000

*Solar panels: On the roof can add up to 7 km (4 miles) a day

*Wind turbine: While the Eclectic is parked can add up to 15 km (9 miles) in windy areas.

*Regenerative braking

That a solid base to work from....

philba wrote:yeah but it's not a chick-magnet like this one -
the Venturi comes in red too!

:lol: :lol:
Engineer1138

Post by Engineer1138 »

$30,000.
Hmmm. My 350Z came in at around $26k and would have been cheaper if I got the base model (with the same performance) and has a range of just under 400 miles at 26mpg if I'm not too angry at the go pedal.
This thing costs $30,000 and can go about 44 miles (I live in a pretty windy area, so lets say I got the windmill option).
That's a $4000 difference on a car which, to put it mildly, looks BORING AS HELL TO DRIVE vs one that can put a smile on your face the instant it starts. For that $4000 I can buy almost 4 years worth of gas at $2.50/gallon. And that's making a comparison with a performance car: the difference would be light years if I compared it to an econobox.

Remind me again why it makes sense?
philba

Post by philba »

I missed the wind generator part. On the surface, the PV array and wind genny sounds smart but the more I think about it the odder it sounds. The PV array adds a small amount of power (7KM for 14% under the best of circumstances) at what cost?

The wind generator "can" be attached but no info on how big, how much it weighs or it's cost. I am skeptical that it's a good idea - what if some kid sticks his fingers in the the blade (like we have all done with fans...)?? It's got to weigh a fair amount and given the short range, every ounce of weight is an issue.

I think I'd opt for a bigger battery.

I totally agree that it doesn't have "sex appeal" which is why I posted the tesla info. Maybe venturi should merge with an italian company...

BTW, I hope this thread doesn't descend into a political morass.
Sambuchi

Post by Sambuchi »

Engineer1138 wrote: That's a $4000 difference on a car which, to put it mildly, looks BORING AS HELL TO DRIVE vs one that can put a smile on your face the instant it starts.
The idea of .. "eliminate both fuel and electric bills completely"
That may put a smile on my face when I start my car.. :grin:

I'm not sure about the spec for the wind gen either.. but can say after building one from a large ceiling fan.. :grin: they can generate a lot of power and can be VERY DANGEROUS to stand around.. I would like to see how they mount theirs.
Engineer1138 wrote: Remind me again why it makes sense?

probably dosent right now... the thing doest even have doors!

I do like where this, and other EV's simular to this one, are heading.
Engineer1138

Post by Engineer1138 »

I should say, though that if I could afford one of those Teslas I would probably have bought one instead. I read an article on the engineering behind it and I just drooled :-)
philba

Post by philba »

Engineer1138 wrote:I should say, though that if I could afford one of those Teslas I would probably have bought one instead. I read an article on the engineering behind it and I just drooled :-)
even if you can afford one, the entrie production of 100 has been sold out.