buying parts

This is the place for any magazine-related discussions that don't fit in any of the column discussion boards below.
new guy

buying parts

Post by new guy »

Does anyone know a reliable website that I can buy some TRIAC'S .I have the manufacturers name and part number.
Bob Scott

Post by Bob Scott »

It is wonderful that you have the manufacturer's name and part number if you want to know where you can buy one. Yessiree BOB! That manufacturer's name and part number sure comes in handy.

If you were to ask an electronics supplier like Digikey, Newark or Mouser which part you were looking for, you'd give mim the manufacturer's name and part number. Sure comes in handy. Yupper!

And if he couldn't find the exact manufacturer's name and part number he'd probably be able to find a suitable substitute part by cross-referencing that manufacturer's name and part number. Maybe even look up the parameters of the device from the data sheet for the manufacturer's name and part number and find a reasonable substitute.

Bob
philba

Post by philba »

use this site to search a number of distis. beats doing one at a time. http://www.findchips.com/avail
new guy

Thank You philba

Post by new guy »

thank you philba, your response gave me exactly the information I was looking for and helped me get the part I need.