ce-31 manual

This is the place for any magazine-related discussions that don't fit in any of the column discussion boards below.
radionut8888

ce-31 manual

Post by radionut8888 »

I'm trying to find a manual for a cushman CE-31 service manual. So far, all searches on the net are negative. Can anyone help ?
Chris Smith

Post by Chris Smith »

What do you actually need to know?

Some info is easy stuff.
Edd

Post by Edd »

Assuming you mean one of the old 40’ish vintage units.

Digging deep into my technical archives, I remember this site also being attached to one of crystal set radios ( check ‘em out) , which I was researching. So, I logged it in additionally, after having a nostalgic look at the depicted Cushman scooter collection.

I used to tool around on one of a bit newer vintage waaaaay back in junior high days.
I rarely had to buy gas for it (27cents a gallon...Babycakes), I just went around to closed gas stations at nite with a tin can and drained the residual / hose loop retained gas into the can resting on the pavement after lowering the hose.

Reference:

http://www.hobbytech.com/basicinfo.htm

http://www.hobbytech.com/index.html

http://www.hobbytech.com/crystalradio/crystalradio.htm

Or go direct to Jim:
[email protected]

(Be sure to include the word "Cushman" in the subject line.)

Read up on all of the touch points on all aspects of the above home page.
If its not in his collection, he should be able to further “misguideâ€
jwax

Post by jwax »

Cushman CE-31 eh?
:???: It'd be nice to know what the f that is, just a general category would be nice.
This site refers to it as a piece of test equipment-
http://www.gemoto.com/cnharc/
So which is it poster? transportation, or testor?
Robert Reed

Post by Robert Reed »

Radio
I am assuming you are referring to Cushman Electronics Test Equipment. There most popular gear was their Communications Monitor and Their Selective Volt Meter. Is it one of These and/or which one? Also if it is a Selective Volt meter --Is it digital readout or the tuning drum model?
radionut8888

Cushman CE-31

Post by radionut8888 »

THe cushman CE-31 is indeed a piece of test equipment, not a motor scooter.
It is a service monitor that allows alignment of a radio receiver's circuitry and also a transmitter's circuitry. It's used largely for two way radios and repeaters, etc.

I need the manual to understand the limits of this instrument and for servicing it. Thanks for all the help so far.
jwax

Post by jwax »

Try these guys-
http://www.servicemanuals.net
Good Luck and welcome to the forum!
Robert Reed

Post by Robert Reed »

Radio
I am familiar with and have used these instruments, Although my current monitor is a Motorola 2000 series. I have seen these manuals around in the past, but never paid much heed to them as we had our own. Give me some time and I will see what I can dig up for you.
Robert Reed

Post by Robert Reed »

Radio
Bad news. I tried going thru previous repair depots and service shops we had dealt with in the past and came up with Zilch. Seems to be a tough model number to find and I know your frustration as I have been there myself. With high end equipment, you are dead in the water without a good service manual - where do they all dissapear to ? I will assume that you have made a trip thru "Google Land" and checked all the ARRL sites, but one place you may not have tried is E-Bay.
They do have a large turnover of these type manuals and I have sold a few myself here. They have a relatively new posting called "Want it Now!", whereas the buyer puts out a querie as to a particular item they are looking for.When doing a search, follow this chain of categories: Bussiness and Industrial > Industrial electrical and Test > Communications Monitors.
Sorry I couln't help you but I will keep my eyes peeled.
radionut8888

CE-31 help

Post by radionut8888 »

Robert:

Thanks for the help. You've got the gist of the situation right. I've tried Ebay though not "want it now". I'll try that. Google was not productive. Ahh Well...
Robert Reed

Post by Robert Reed »

Radionut
If you have your ears on and are still looking for your CE-31 manual, I have found it for you. It can be obtained from Cardinal Electronics,Inc. Website is--www.cardinalelec.com.
[email protected]. They want $80 for a good copy. This isnt cheap,but is not out of line for obsolete manuals.You can have a complete calibration for $195, but I'm sure you would rather do this yourself and have a manual for future needs.
radionut8888

All Respondents

Post by radionut8888 »

Thanks for all your help. For a while, it looked like a dead and, but as advised, I kept my eyes open on Ebay and just picked up a manual for $30.00 US, so now I can check out the CTCSS tone generator in the service monitor.

Again, thanks to all of you who helped in my quest
Robert Reed

Post by Robert Reed »

Sounds like a good buy. E-Bay comes thru again!