PIC Basic Pro Programming Class

Electronics Computer Programming Q&A
harrysdad

PIC Basic Pro Programming Class

Post by harrysdad »

Has anyone taken this class on programming PICs with meLabs PIC Basic Pro? It sounds like a good class but wanted to know if anyone has taken it before?<p>PIC and PIC Basic Pro Programming Class
philba

Re: PIC Basic Pro Programming Class

Post by philba »

For $2 grand?!!?? Wow, that's a lot of coin for a 3 day course. Even if you subtract off the "$800 of HW and SW" you get to keep, its way expensive. <p>I taught myself everything on the list and spent all of about $120 on a decent programmer and a PIC "Lab board". I basically don't use the lab board. All the SW I use is free (assembler, C compiler and IDE). I suppose there's no good free BASIC so maybe add $200. Personally, I'd not go the BASIC route but that's your chioce.<p>There are so many online resources, sample code, hardware designs, forums and books on this subject, I think you'd be better off trying it on your own for a while.
chapter30

Post by chapter30 »

I'll agree with Philba. The PIC Basic language is easy to pick up. I would suggest learning it on your own with the help of some project based books. Then, after you get a good feel for it maybe take an advanced class.
harrysdad

Post by harrysdad »

My company is paying for it. I'm already signed up. I'll give you a report when I return.