Books for Bot Builders (what a mouthfull)!

Interested in Robotics? Here's the place to be.
chessman

Books for Bot Builders (what a mouthfull)!

Post by chessman »

Hey everyone, just thought I'd recommend a few books for bot builders. I consider these all to be must reads:<p>Robot Builder's Bonanza (Gordon McComb). Get this one first. It explains all the basic techniques and the like. Includes projects.<p>Digital Electronics Guidebook by Myke Predko. Goes over all the basics of digital electronics, and even in-depth into all the advanced operations of Logic. Many projects. Read this second.<p>Programming and Customizing PICMicro Microcontrollers also by Myke Predko. This book may seem a little hard to read at first, but if you've never used a PIC before, this is pretty much a MUST READ. Includes many projects and experiments. Interested in PIC Programming? Get this book!
verlwb

Re: Books for Bot Builders (what a mouthfull)!

Post by verlwb »

Very good !! I have all three. And add my recommendation too.
rionredinger

Post by rionredinger »

I have the 3rd edition of Robot Builders Bonanza coming to me next month I intend to pursue a degree in robot engineering, so I will need all the bot books I can get!! If there are any other books that you might recommend please let me know! Thanks a heap,<p>Rion Redinger
[email protected]
chessman

Post by chessman »

There's a 3rd edition?? COOL!! I have the 2nd....
GordonMcComb

Post by GordonMcComb »

Sorry...but there is no third edition of Robot Builder's Bonanza coming out for at least 9-12 months. I've barely even started writing it!<p>Amazon is showing an early catalog date, and the early catalog information is more for pre-ordering by booksellers than anything else. I've asked McGraw-Hill to amend the Amazon listing, but I'm not sure it'll do any good.<p>I'm in no rush to get a new edition out, given the slowdown in book sales on hobbyist topics. Maybe when the war's over...<p>But in any case, it's nice to see RBB on the top of the list!<p>-- Gordon
hlreed

Post by hlreed »

I would like to add:
Vehicles, Valentino Braitenberg, MIT press 1084
And
Brains for Machines, Harold L. Reed, Nova Science,1996
Harold L. Reed
Microbes got brains