Object tracking

This is the place for any magazine-related discussions that don't fit in any of the column discussion boards below.
gradiation

Object tracking

Post by gradiation »

Does anyone know and good, effective and simple wasy of tracking objects, i've been looking into RFID and Ultrasonics, but can't find either anywhere to buy a system or anywhere to help me make one. <p>I am a student and am working on a project where by i will have to track the moment of several people constantly throughout a building. What i need to do is develop a system to be able to do this.<p>Does anyone know of any systems, and do you know where i could get help making something like this, i don't know a lot about electronics, but i'm willing to give it a damn good go.<p>Any help would be great, cheers in advance.
hlreed

Re: Object tracking

Post by hlreed »

I need a little more information about your project. Also it would help if I knew your level and background some. Tracking people depends on whether you are counting or tracking. Tracking depends on detection and location. Counting is basic detection.
If you want private, please email.<p> [email protected]
Harold L. Reed
Microbes got brains
Externet

Re: Object tracking

Post by Externet »

Hello.<p>As expressed above, some extra information could help.
If the location of a person in a building is reduced to which room instead of what part of a room (resolution) there is a way that comes to mind, BUT, every person must wear some sort of identification to discern who and where.
That could be a badge with an electronic tag as those to warn a store exit from shoplifting; and entryways to rooms fitted with the tag detecting electronic gate.
Ingress and egress detection may not be perfect, as if the person steps to the gate and backs.<p>Another way would be using barcode tags and infrared scanners everywhere as requiered, reporting to a CPU.<p>But is a place to start... thinking.<p>Miguel
- Abolish the deciBel ! -