Flip Flop circuit

This is the place for any magazine-related discussions that don't fit in any of the column discussion boards below.
Guitartech101

Flip Flop circuit

Post by Guitartech101 »

I have a simple project which include a momentary switch, an on/ff push button switch, 9 volt battery, a buzzer from radio shack, and a 74HC374 flip flop chip. This chip has 20 pins and I have no idea how to hook it up so that the buzzer buzzes when triggered by the momentary switch and stays buzzing even after the momentary switch is let go until turned off by the on/off push button switch. If someone could let me know how to wire this, it would greatly be appreciated. PLease keep in mind that I am not schooled in electronics so please keep technical terminoligy to a minimum.
Edd

Re: Flip Flop circuit

Post by Edd »

Guitartech:
Isn’t this just a dupe of Ur post on the 17th …less the LED indicator ? Of the suggested solutions , a mechanically latching push button switch from the hardware store would have been the very simplest solution….even if it had to be wire remoted from your buzzer if that was a problem. The next was only a DPDT relay with one of its sw contacts section devoted to latching the relay coil, on while the other set of contacts powered on your aural/visual devices. And lastly, the latching on of a SCR took the most of a component count/complexity. What you are thinking of now meets or exceeds the complexity of the last solution.<p>73's de Edd
[email protected]........(Interstellar~~~~~Warp~~~~Speed)
[email protected].......(Firewalled-Spam*Cookies*Crumbs)
:roll: