Damned chinese made garage door opener

This is the place for any magazine-related discussions that don't fit in any of the column discussion boards below.
keymaker

Damned chinese made garage door opener

Post by keymaker »

I still can't get this piece of <bad stuff> to work over here

So I want to see about making it manual electric
(Switch one way for up, another for down)<p> Should I play games trying to accomplish this while sober or while drunk?<p>(Sober, I may become frustrated and break it... Drunk I may become bored and say: <fornicate> it)
perfectbite

Re: Damned chinese made garage door opener

Post by perfectbite »

110VAC AND finger crushing, clothes entangling, pop your head like a grape machinery and alcohol DON'T mix. Better that you break it sober than it break you drunk. Try not to defeat or disable the safeties if you're not thinking straight. Drunk or sober, you might break the whole thing and there you'll be, stuck in the garage with no way out and your friends will have to squeeze pizzas and shove squashed sandwiches and squirt water at your mouth through the gaps at the sides of the door. <p>What is it on the door that isn't working? Here's a stupid question. Is it plugged in? Are there good batteries in the transmitter? Is it a 'rolling code' door opener or does it have dip switches? Are the dip switches set up the same at transmitter and receiver? Does the receiver have its own power supply or does that need a battery too? Is it a track roller or a compound fulcrum swing up door? [Those compound fulcrum mechanisms will mangle your hands or put a spring clean through your head in the blink of an eye let alone you stumbling into them with the door operator in your hand.] Don't take chances and hurt yourself .<p>
How old is the door? If it has springs are they the safety type springs with a 'cord' in them? Is there a UV 'beam' in the door's path? Is it clear? A while back didn't you write that you woke up with a piece of lamp sticking out of your leg? I hope you give your injuries a chance to heal before you start demolishing yourself again.
myp71

Re: Damned chinese made garage door opener

Post by myp71 »

Or maybe someone was trigger happy and blew out the Motor start Cap?? LOL :D :D :D