CB Radio Specs

This is the place for any magazine-related discussions that don't fit in any of the column discussion boards below.
JPKNHTP

CB Radio Specs

Post by JPKNHTP »

-JPKNHTP
-God Bless
jollyrgr

Re: CB Radio Specs

Post by jollyrgr »

Audiocom is a name I don't remember. Is there another name of a store (KMart, JC Penney, Sears, etc.) on the front? This sounds like it might be either a "store name" or possibly this is from the UK.

Audio Vox and Audioline are two I have heard of. Another thing to know about CB radios is that many were made by the same company. It was always fun to hear the so called "EXPERTS" describe the "President" line (i.e. President Grant, President Madison) as "JUNK" but the Cobra 148GTL as the BEST CB. Funny thing is they all shared the same main board!!!

Most likely this is the case with your radio. Post a picture of it, if you can, and maybe someone will recognize it as its more popular name.

You might also try looking at all the models on CB sites. Here is one in the UK:

http://www.cb-museum.de/index2/Mikro-Mi ... page2e.htm

Scroll down and pick your type (base, mobile, handheld) then browse the links for close up pictures of the radios.
No trees were harmed in the creation of this message. But billions of electrons, photons, and electromagnetic waves were terribly inconvenienced!
JPKNHTP

Post by JPKNHTP »

-JPKNHTP
-God Bless
jollyrgr

Post by jollyrgr »

Post the FCC ID. This may help volumes.

As far as changing crystals to listen to other frequencies... This is called FREQUING the CB. It would be possible to take it to the FREEBAND area; a band segment between the CB band and Ham radio. A lot of government spectrum; but there many around the country and world go to talk skip using modified radios. It is illegal to transmit there but you will find many people there anyhow. I'm not saying stay away from it I'm saying DON'T GET CAUGHT.

Much easier to do with a PLL set but not impossible with a crystal set. What is it that you want to listen to? If you are talking 10M ham radio the set should be AM/SSB. There is very little on 10M right now (low sunspot cycle). If this set does not have SSB it is not worth converting to the "uppers" (frequencies above CB). Below CB channel one (26.965) MHz there is very little activity until you get to the shortwave broadcast and some Ham bands.
No trees were harmed in the creation of this message. But billions of electrons, photons, and electromagnetic waves were terribly inconvenienced!