Hot tub watching...

This is the place for any magazine-related discussions that don't fit in any of the column discussion boards below.
Vince

Hot tub watching...

Post by Vince » Tue Mar 19, 2002 8:45 pm

I would like to be able to monitor the status of various devices within a hot tub. Temperature, presence of electricity, status of pumps, etc. I would like to be able to feed this data every few minutes to a webpage that I can view, or do things like send alerts via Short Message Service on a cellphone. It is safe to assume I have continuous internet connectivity behind a firewall and that I can connect to a SMS paging webpage to send messages.<p>Any idears out there?

bodgy

Re: Hot tub watching...

Post by bodgy » Wed Mar 20, 2002 3:58 am

Find a person who has last months and this months Elektor magazine an SMS system doing just what your looking for was featured using an Atmel 89s8252 processor.<p>
bodgy
On a clear disk you can seek forever.

Dean Huster

Re: Hot tub watching...

Post by Dean Huster » Thu Mar 21, 2002 9:53 am

What? No camera to air the frolicking going on in the tub while the temp is being monitored? Must not be any Xs in your domain name. :) <p>Dean
Dean Huster, Electronics Curmudgeon
Contributing Editor emeritus, "Q & A", of the former "Poptronics" magazine (formerly "Popular Electronics" and "Electronics Now" magazines).

R.I.P.