Internet and Basic Stamp

This is the place for any magazine-related discussions that don't fit in any of the column discussion boards below.
lewischicken

Internet and Basic Stamp

Post by lewischicken »

I have a project before me that needs to use the internet to send and receive data to my basic stamp.<p>For a simple test, let's start with when I press a switch 2 led lights turn on and when I am at home on my computer I can "click" off on an html page and it will turn the led lights off.
(my project will eventually be much more complicated, but this is would be a good first test.)<p>
The final installation will have two basic stamp projects in two different cities - that connect via the internet and can interact with one another.<p>Has anyone seen any tutorials on this subject? What is the best software to use to connect basic stamps on the internet? <p>Any suggestions or links are wonderful!<p>Thanks :)
||||-Ali Lewis-||||
josmith

Re: Internet and Basic Stamp

Post by josmith »

Take a look at www.siteplayer.com or the ad in Nuts and Volts page 20 center.<p>It looks like what you're looking for.<p>[ March 01, 2003: Message edited by: josmith ]</p>
VernGraner

Re: Internet and Basic Stamp

Post by VernGraner »

I think the last issue had that exact project, using Siteplayer and a basic stamp (or was it a PIC chip w/some custom code? don't quite remember...).<p>It was used to control an X-10 device via a web page. Look in your back issues (if you have them laying around), or maybe do a search for X-10 on the nutsvolts.com web site and sort by date....
--
Vern Graner