motorized lcd

This is the place for any magazine-related discussions that don't fit in any of the column discussion boards below.
c0in

motorized lcd

Post by c0in »

hello i would like to make a motorized lcd screen that will flip up when i press a button or whatever. are there any plans online where i can find out how to make one? so far i had no luck. any help, thanks
Chris Smith

Re: motorized lcd

Post by Chris Smith »

Flip up? <p>If you mean slide up like the tonight show, use a couple of drawer slides for equipment, and a air ram, or other screw methods.
Enzo

Post by Enzo »

How big? Some of the surplus outlets have auto power window motors which swing a lever. That would certainly move a screen around.
Externet

Post by Externet »

Hi.
You can attach it to your garage door. If it has remote control, even better.
Or copy the mechanism in scaled down size if your LCD is small.
Miguel
- Abolish the deciBel ! -
Enzo

Post by Enzo »

Coin emailed looking for sources. My catalogs are all packed up from moving our shop, but if you get catalogs from houses such as MECI (Mehndolson)and Hosfelt, and other electronics surplus houses, they usually have the car door power window motor and crank assemblies. I hope they are still there.<p>There are many surplus houses. I usually look in those two, aloing with Electronics GOldmine, Fair Radio Sales, M.P.Jones. Look in the ads in the N&V, most of these people are in there. Even if those specific motors are not in stock any more, there are many gearmotors that could be used. Gearmotors are those motors with gearbox that slows the shaft down from the speed of the motor itself. This not only slows down the shaft but increases the torque.