Ubquity Nanostation M2 Troubles

This is the place for any magazine-related discussions that don't fit in any of the column discussion boards below.
dacflyer

Ubquity Nanostation M2 Troubles

Post by dacflyer »

I have an issue I can't figure out..
I have a pair of these radios in use at the farm, about 2,000 ft apart, they been working good for a few years now, but recently when i connect to them, it says No internet. I have checked everything i can think of, the radios are linked, but no data is transferring..
it says no IP assigned ( from base M2 ) Is it possible that the radio is ok, but what ever transfers the data is damaged ? I think there might have been a storm come thru, because i noticed that the owner had the DSL route replaced..
I have 2 of these radio systems set up.. The other pair is working fine.
Any form of IP search, there is nothing detected.
I'm going to order another unit to replace the suspect defective one.
I was just curious if one part in the unit could have gone bad ( part that deals with data ), but the radio section still works..

I'm just some dumb, Not plumb dumb...lol
Janitor Tzap

Re: Ubquity Nanostation M2 Troubles

Post by Janitor Tzap »

Hmmm...............

Yeah, it sounds like a lightning strike did a number on it.

{For Testing Purposes.}
I'd try shutting it down, and resetting it back to its default settings.
Then redo the setup.
If you have a portable frequency counter, you could use that to check to see if it is transmitting.

If it still not transmitting or receiving.
Just send it off to the E-recycler, cause the repairing/replacing the PIC's in it are going to cost more than the replacement unit. :(

Signed: Janitor Tzap
dacflyer

Re: Ubquity Nanostation M2 Troubles

Post by dacflyer »

the units are linked, just not passing any data...I have reset them to factory default as well,, still no changes..all settings are correct and linked, signals are great..just no data get passed, No IP or DNS,,