Is Nuts and Volts dead ?

This is the place for any magazine-related discussions that don't fit in any of the column discussion boards below.
CeaSaR

Re: Is Nuts and Volts dead ?

Post by CeaSaR »

dacflyer wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 5:42 am At the bottom of this page and all other post, To the right of the REPLY button is a down arrow with some lines.
click that and it gives you the options on how to view the page.. newest to oldest or oldest to newest.. easy.
AHA! I've learned something new today. (never noticed that before....)
Hey, what do I know?
dacflyer

Post by dacflyer »

cool deal...!!
solar3000

Post by solar3000 »

So, its dead now?
I checked my account and I have plenty of issues remaining, but the magazine's last issue was 2022.
So, NV is now dead
I don't want a refund. I only wish you good luck.
oldtechie

Post by oldtechie »

I just received my latest copy a week or so ago. The sticker on it is dated 6/7/23. 2022 ISSUE-3. I feel the same way as solar3000. Just hoping N&V can keep on plugging away.
CeaSaR

Post by CeaSaR »

oldtechie wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 3:42 pm I just received my latest copy a week or so ago. The sticker on it is dated 6/7/23. 2022 ISSUE-3. I feel the same way as solar3000. Just hoping N&V can keep on plugging away.
Well, that's encouraging. With the recent email activity I've been getting from them, let's hope things are on the upswing.
Hey, what do I know?
solar3000

Post by solar3000 »

4.5 years later.....
CeaSaR

Post by CeaSaR »

From Facebook:

Backwoodsman Magazine
January 5, 2024

Backwoodsman Magazine has some exciting news to share with our community! Even though the current edition was completed by Charlie and his team in Mid-December, it turns out we’re printing with a different company starting with the Winter issue 2024! Without much notice, our previous printing company has merged with another company, creating the need for BWM to migrate immediately to a new printer. This big change has left our readers stranded during the holidays and we hope you will accept our sincere apologies. We will keep everyone posted as the print and delivery dates become solidified, and in the meantime we greatly appreciate your patience and support! Thank you so much for being part of the BWM community!
Hey, what do I know?
dyarker

Post by dyarker »

???? did T&L use same printer?
Dale Y
haklesup

Post by haklesup »

Dot matrix by the rate of release, should be all digital by all rights by now. I suspect there is a shortage of fresh content as well. Without staff writers that would be very inconsistent relying on independent contributors. Such a writer would probably need to be an engineer or at least engineer capable, that's a luxury resource for a publisher. Such is the trend for many media companies, even previously successful news outlets are suddenly shuttering (I'm thinking about the sudden demise of VICE.com last week, they closed so fast, they didn't even publish a goodby, the page is unchanged for a week now, they did have some good international and some lousy NSFW content)
CeaSaR

Post by CeaSaR »

Dang. I must have posted that late at night. I was reading another thread somewhere must've thought I was there. At least it kept the thread going / made some content. On a related note, I bought the latest BWM magazine in the local store. It is a nicer print job and it promises to be more sturdy than previous versions. If only N&V could get it back together.
Hey, what do I know?