Dished lcd monitor

Electronics Computer Programming Q&A
carolin

Re: Dished lcd monitor

Post by carolin »

I have a LCD monitor that does not have S-video input. How can I use the DVI connector? I recently purchased a wide format 20.1 inch LCD monitor. It has D-sub analog and DVI inputs but does not have an S-video input. I would like to hook it up to my home theater receiver wich has S-video, YPbPr and composite outputs. Is there an easy way to make the monitor work with either the S-video or the YPbPr outputs? I certainly don't want to use the composite video output because of its poor quality. Im willing to spend some time and effort if the solution is not so complicated. But I can always return it, or use it as another computer monitor. Any comments our solutions?
haklesup

Re: Dished lcd monitor

Post by haklesup »

If there's still time to return it than I would recommend you get an LCD TV that has a computer input not an LCD monitor which usually don't have TV inputs. The TV is slightly more expensive for the same size but the cost difference is about what you will spend for a tuner or other converter to plug that monitor into. Just keep an eye on the native resolution of the display. while TVs only need up to 1080, you might want more for a monitor.

THere are however, converter boxes to do what you want unfortunately they are ~$200 even on eBay. From DVI to something else is cheap but something To DVI is expensive