Heartbeat Signal

This is the place for any magazine-related discussions that don't fit in any of the column discussion boards below.
weworkforgod

Heartbeat Signal

Post by weworkforgod »

I am looking for a very simple way to blink a light or make a display every time the human heart beats. I have looked at the OPO7 chip, but do not know of an output device or circuit. I am new to this. Any suggestions?
weworkforgod

Re: Heartbeat Signal

Post by weworkforgod »

Thanks for the web page reference. The article was very interesting. I am primarily interested in a single chip that can be used to blink an LED with each heartbeat, rather than an actual EKG.
Dimbulb

Re: Heartbeat Signal

Post by Dimbulb »

http://private.addcom.de/KeithWilson/Projects/hemon.htm<p>
You can use just the detector and op-amp section of this schematic. The LM358 uses lower voltage.
The output would simply drive the led the output to the PIC chip illiminated.<p>Going further the sensor and sender changed to a low power photo transistor and an LED uses only 10 mA, also a micro powered op-amp. The parts are assebled on a small board using surface mount along with a coin battery, switch, op-amp and detector could be fitted onto a short section of pvc pipe epoxied to the board for a finger socket. The project would make a low cost heartbeat indicator for emergency use.<p>[ January 21, 2003: Message edited by: dim bulb ]</p>