Las Vegas Test Specification

This is the place for any magazine-related discussions that don't fit in any of the column discussion boards below.
amuron

Las Vegas Test Specification

Post by amuron »

I've searched all over to find the test requirements for the Las Vegas Test spec. My Asian supplier of pager vibrator motors for one of my products calls out a Las Vegas test. I'd like to know what it is, so I can write up an appropriate qualification spec. For some reason, my supplier is unable to locate it.<p>Ron
myp71

Re: Las Vegas Test Specification

Post by myp71 »

Hey, yeah me too :confused:
dyarker

Post by dyarker »

Las Vegas Spec: You send money, he sends motors. Less than 50% pass a test. :D ;) :roll:
Dale Y
L. Daniel Rosa

Post by L. Daniel Rosa »

I thought you hook them up and kill time rolling dice until they crap out. ;)
cato

Post by cato »

I wonder if they meant to refer to a Monticarlo test. If so, they are referring to random trials or some sort of statisical analyisis based on a few "random" samples, or a computer model analysis of the motors based on "random" combinations of maufacturing tolerances.<p>Does that make sense based on the context in which the Las Vegas term is used?
amuron

Post by amuron »

Actually it does not seems to be statisically based. Part of it may be the Chinese to English translation, but I'm not sure.<p>I did get a blast reading the responses though... eg how long it runs until it craps out :) <p>Ron