Big Screen TV Splitter

This is the place for any magazine-related discussions that don't fit in any of the column discussion boards below.
gwolanin

Big Screen TV Splitter

Post by gwolanin »

Does anyone know of a splitter [ or combiner in this case ] that will take two inputs, combine them, but split them on a big screen television so that they are of equal size?<p>I am basically looking for an H-splitter. As you may know the PiP is too small and I would like to utilize the full screen on the TV.<p>Thanks in advance for your help.
haklesup

Re: Big Screen TV Splitter

Post by haklesup »

I haven't seen anything exactly like that. You may want to try your question in the Ausio Visual Forum www.avsforum.com there are some hard core couch potatos there who may be able to help you.<p>If your bigscreen TV can take input from a PC you may have other options. A couple of USB video capture cards and you're almost there. Some people have been making some great Tivo like machines out of Linix systems and the PC dosen't even have to be that fast.
Dimbulb

Post by Dimbulb »

I am not up to speed on big screen but I think a company called Remington made a unit like that
something like quad screen ?
Chris Smith

Post by Chris Smith »

The spy and surveillance companies have dual and quad splitters that you can buy. You take two or four inputs usually in the 6 MHZ range like a camera out put or satellite box and tap them into this box, and it sends out one signal to you TV that is split screen [or quad] in the channel 3 or 4 range, while others do it in the video output range of 6 MHz. Most TVs today can accecpt either signal in, 6 mhz or the standard 66/72 mhz etc channel 3/4.