high voltage caps

This is the place for any magazine-related discussions that don't fit in any of the column discussion boards below.
dacflyer

high voltage caps

Post by dacflyer »

looking for a source for high voltage ceramic disk caps... 6-15kv<p>looked on the net for 2 hrs...all i could find was sub station or door knob caps...<p>too big for what i need...i have a few here,,but need more... thanx
Edd

Re: high voltage caps

Post by Edd »

dacflyer de jetflyer:<p> Ran across some HV capacitors that I had out of place. Remembered some one some asking for same some time ago. These were OEM surplus from our monthly Electronics flea market . Seems like they were all in about a 9 in sq box with no markings as they were end of production surplus of Starlight sniperscopes. They were to be encapsulated in their supplies so there was no markings and any data was classified. I asked for a sample to evaluate but received a palm full. They spec’d out at 1000 pf and I hi-potted
them at up to 15,000Vdc.
Mechanically : a unit is like the typical ½ in dia ceramic, but is about 3/8 thick with leads on each of the tinned ends splayed off to an offset of ~ 70 degrees then back to leaving the two wires at about a ¾ separation. The units dipped in a thick red epoxy. If you need a sampler hit me at the atti addee with your mail and I’ll send U a freebie to evaluate.<p>
73's de Edd
[email protected]........(Interstellar~~~Warp~~~~Speed)
[email protected]...(Firewalled-Spam*Cookies*Crumbs)
:D<p>[ January 28, 2003: Message edited by: Edd Whatley ]</p>
Chris Smith

Post by Chris Smith »

If you looking for small value ones, Meredith Instruments sells them for laser power supplies.
Edd

Post by Edd »

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Edd Whatley:
[QB]dacflyer de jetflyer:<p> Ran across some HV capacitors that I had out of place. Remembered some one some asking for same some time ago. These were OEM surplus from our monthly Electronics flea market . Seems like they were all in about a 9 in sq box with no markings as they were end of production surplus of Starlight sniperscopes. They were to be encapsulated in their supplies so there was no markings and any data was classified. I asked for a sample to evaluate but received a palm full. They spec’d out at 1000 pf and I hi-potted
them at up to 15,000Vdc.
Mechanically : a unit is like the typical ½ in dia ceramic, but is about 3/8 thick with leads on each of the tinned ends splayed off to an offset of ~ 70 degrees then back to leaving the two wires at about a ¾ separation. The units dipped in a thick red epoxy. If you need a physical sample, to see if its what U need, hit me at the atti addee with your mail and I’ll send U a freebie to evaluate.<p>Addenda: As per Chris' ref'd site, there is a pic of the unit there that wud be the same, 'cept the ones I have are much fatter.
Site: http://mi-lasers.com/echocart/product_i ... dd8b40802f
Naturally their " electrolytic capacitor" is a disc ceramic Z5 unit of 2200pf @ 6 Kv.<p>
73's de Edd
:D
Edd

Post by Edd »

dacflyer de jetflyer:<p> Ran across some HV capacitors that I had out of place. Remembered some one some asking for same some time ago. These were OEM surplus from our monthly Electronics flea market . Seems like they were all in about a 9 in sq box with no markings as they were end of production surplus of Starlight sniperscopes. They were to be encapsulated in their supplies so there was no markings and any data was classified. I asked for a sample to evaluate but received a palm full. They spec’d out at 1000 pf and I hi-potted
them at up to 15,000Vdc.
Mechanically : a unit is like the typical ½ in dia ceramic, but is about 3/8 thick with leads on each of the tinned ends splayed off to an offset of ~ 70 degrees then back to leaving the two wires at about a ¾ separation. The units dipped in a thick red epoxy. If you need a physical sample, to see if its what U need, hit me at the atti addee with your mail and I’ll send U a freebie to evaluate.<p>Addenda: As per Chris' ref'd site, there is a pic of the unit there that wud be the same, 'cept the ones I have are much fatter.
Site: http://mi-lasers.com/echocart/product_i ... dd8b40802f <p>Naturally their " electrolytic capacitor" is a disc ceramic Z5 unit of 2200pf @ 6 Kv.<p>
73's de Edd
:D
dacflyer

Post by dacflyer »

hey ed ! i think you might have just what i can possibly use...
e-mail is [email protected]<p>i'll give you my home adres when you e-mail me
thanks again... was looking for 470pf or 500pf
but a thousand will work as well...