Whitfield Pellet Stove

This is the place for any magazine-related discussions that don't fit in any of the column discussion boards below.
ColdYoung

Whitfield Pellet Stove

Post by ColdYoung »

I have a Whitfield stove that is starting to act up... It has an auto-igniter and when I turn it on, the cup will actually fill up with pellets before sometimes lighting.. I have replaced the igniter and slowed the auger speed down on startup but the cup still fills up and does not ingnite... I can see a glow from the igniter .... any thoughts on this?
jwax

Re: Whitfield Pellet Stove

Post by jwax »

Sounds like the Whitfield is popular with you nor-westerners! See "wayne"'s thread at:
http://206.131.241.58/ubb/ultimatebb.ph ... 1&t=002317
Best of luck!
John
WA2RBA
bobdibast

Post by bobdibast »

what model whitfield stove do you have ?
bobhunter
Chris Smith

Post by Chris Smith »

What not to Buy.... a Whitfield stove this Christmas?
sundancer87

Post by sundancer87 »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Chris Smith:
What not to Buy.... a Whitfield stove this Christmas?<hr></blockquote><p>Man, I don't think I'd want to be near one. I had a pellet stove many yaears ago, can't remember the brand but it served me well for several years.
patcmontgomery

Post by patcmontgomery »

Why wouldn't you want to be near one? Less messy that wood and way more effecient. They do require some maintenance though...
Chris Smith

Post by Chris Smith »

The main topic here at N&V seems to be complainants, post after post. <p>All not happy campers, all Whitfield owners. <p>Yes the writing is on the wall, and its not written in Chinese either.
dacflyer

Post by dacflyer »

all these stove threads all should be in one deal not spreadding out like its starting to..

whats all this got to do with electronics anyway?<p>2nd...you people must have to be special ordering these pellets to burn....or is there a pellet store near??????<p>anyway...sounds like a big headache them stoves..lol
patcmontgomery

Post by patcmontgomery »

The post belongs because we were originally talking about the 'electronic' control board that is the heart of these beast's. Wayne and I were trying to locate a part for one. Yes, we have lots of pellets in Idaho...
dacflyer

Post by dacflyer »

ahhh , ok,,
hope them aren't animal dropping pellets :p
patcmontgomery

Post by patcmontgomery »

I'd burn them there animal pellets too, if I could get enough to fill a bag!
scalvin

Post by scalvin »

Pellet stove that won't ignite until the tray is too full, create too much ash and alot of heavy black smoke on the inside window often are not getting enough combustion air. Clean your stove inside out. Make sure the rod that attaches to the heat exchanger cleaning plate is attached and use it every day. Make sure the damper is open far enough. It isn't like a wood burning stove where you would close it to where the stove burns slow. You want good air flow. There are combustion air flow adjustments that can be made on most whitfield control boards. If not on front or behind the little door at the bottom of the board, then look on the back of your control board. I have charged alot of people to do nothing more that to clean their stove and adjust it properly. Some people refuse to read their owners manual, some don't have them, some don't understand them. I'll help if I can.