Making hydrogen from water & DC

This is the place for any magazine-related discussions that don't fit in any of the column discussion boards below.
Chris Smith

Re: Making hydrogen from water & DC

Post by Chris Smith »

Fight? <p>Down under, we stir the pot and see which fool floats to the top,... Mouth wide open. <p>And then we smile, order another round of Swan Lager, and laugh Like civilized morons because only a FOOL, argues with a fool because the rewards are never forth coming!<p>[ July 22, 2005: Message edited by: Chris Smith ]</p>
Robert Reed

Post by Robert Reed »

Does any one know what the record for replys are on this forum? Surely we must be there-Fascinating!
peter-f

Post by peter-f »

(unfortunately, the quality goes down with length of thread... too bad, this one had such potential to be a reference!)
Chris Smith

Post by Chris Smith »

There is always the Soaps on TV? <p>"The young and the breastless", "as the stomach turns" etc?<p>This Thread was a joke from the start, laugh, enjoy, there is no down hill from the bottom.
smcone

Post by smcone »

Does anyone know how to get directly in touch with
Dave Hogan, I want to see if he would like to buy any of my "5th dimension" patents. <p>I have available a "Natural Gas Generator" that costs nothin' to operate and produces endless quantities of gas, as long as you keep eating them beans.<p>Also I generate all of my electricity at my business by having my employees take turns
running on a treadmill (when they're not
eating beans).<p>At home, I generate all of my electricity by moving my computer trackball. The trackball is
geared up to a 3000 Lb. flywheel
(boy are my fingers tired!)<p>Hurry, please, Detroit and the oil companies
have a "contract" on my life!!!<p>Yeah, they laughed at Edison and even
Rube Goldberg!<p>Steve C.
www.smcelectronics.com
slingshot

Post by slingshot »

Allow me to state this slowly and lovingly.
To energize photons requires millivots of electricity. To energize a photon is to cause it's frequency to increase. <p>A photon will pass through almost anything unless that thing has a fequency that is the same or a harmonic. Then the photon will hit that object and give all of its energy to that object.<p>If an energixed photon hits an electron holding a hydrogen atom to an oxygen atom, then the electron becomes energized.<p>In its normal state the electron looks like a fuzzy ball. After being hit by an energized photon, the electron becomes energized and looks like an hourglass. It releases from that bond in order to move up to a higher valence. In that process the hydrogen atom is now loose from the oxygen atom.<p>The energy put into the photon is all that was put into the system.<p>The photon is pure energy. E=mc2<p>Small energized photon has a massive energy level.<p>All of the free elctrons are taken out of the system as electricity.<p>Running sea water through this system will produce 1,000,000 gals/day potable water, 10 MWh,and 1,000,000 cubic feet of Hydrogen and the metals and minerals in the sea water.<p>Go ahead now. On your mark, get set, tell me it can't be done.
rshayes

Post by rshayes »

The false premise is that changes in the energy level of an electron within an atom will break a molecular bond to that atom.<p>The transitions between the energy levels of the electrons in a hydrogen atom correspond to the emission lines in the spectrum of an excited hydrogen atom. Most of these fall in the visible spectrum, with some in the near ultraviolet. Sunlight supplies all of these wavelengths.<p>A large fraction of the human body is water. If the premise were true, then being exposed to sunlight would cause the water in your body to split into oxygen and hydrogen in gaseous form. This obviously doesn't happen.<p>The energy required to separate water into oxygen and hydrogen can be calculated using the half cell potentials of oxygen and hydrogen (1.23 volts) and the charge required to separate one mole of water. By an odd coincidence, probably based on conservation of energy, this is also the energy released by reacting that same amount of hydrogen and oxygen to form water (56,930 cal/mole). Dividing by Avogadro's Number (6.02 x 10^23) will give the energy represented by the chemical bonds in a single water molecule. Dividing by 2 will give an estimate of the energy per bond. Dividing this by Planck's Constant will give the frequency of the photon corresponding to this energy, and dividing this into the speed of light will give the wavelength of the photon. The final answer is about 100 angstroms. This is in the X-Ray range.<p>I might point out that X-Rays are not easily absorbed by soft tissue, which is mostly water.<p>Commercial electrolysis equipment is available, and appears to operate with a conversion efficiency of 75 to 90 percent using DC current. To compete with this would require an X-Ray source with a conversion efficiency of over 75 percent. This is unlikely.
Chris Smith

Post by Chris Smith »

The only practical way to produce hydrogen is through the use of wasted energy. <p>Be it the wasted heat of a nuclear furnace that is dumped into the atmosphere and cooling pond at present or the wasted sunlight of the desert southwest that can be recovered by Helios-stats or solar cells depending on your retrofitting and installation costs. <p>Also Tidal Generators can produce the power to split the bond for "*Free*", in that the energy alone is free, but the construction costs remain. <p>Otherwise it wastes more in energy conversion, than you get back.
hp

Post by hp »

I am not trying to fuel the argument on hydrogen from water stuff, but there is a news article that sounds kind of 'similar' to stuff discussed in this thread.<p>News Link: http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u ... gy_chemist<p>Harrison
ncstateboy81

Post by ncstateboy81 »

I'm a little less synical than most on the subject of free energy. I guess it's a hobby for me to design perpetual motion machines (i generally stick to mechanical designs) just to test and improve my own abilities. What I can't stand though is that I have one relatively simple design that seems like it should be easy to disprove through force summation or energy methods, but it just seems to work out. I'm just determined to build it one day to see where and why it stops... Or cash in :-) til then I'm stuck trying to invent ways to improve the world that don't involve the feat of breaking the laws of conservation of energy
philba

Post by philba »

oh lord, take me now.
John Brown

Post by John Brown »

Well I'm a little more cynical than most, so I don't believe that tidal energy is "free". Seems to me that if the tides are caused by the rotation of the Moon around the Earth and the rotation of the Earth around the Sun (do I have that the right way round? I'm sure someone will disagree with the new-fangled heliocentric viewpoint) then "using" this tidal energy must surely hasten the slowing down of these rotations. Otherwise we could just spin up a giant flywheel and power everything for ever.
Newz2000

Post by Newz2000 »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by John Brown:
Seems to me that if the tides are caused by the rotation of the Moon around the Earth and the rotation of the Earth around the Sun ... then "using" this tidal energy must surely hasten the slowing down of these rotations. Otherwise we could just spin up a giant flywheel and power everything for ever.<hr></blockquote><p>Is that the concern, or is it more that the energy of the tides is being used for something currently and will be missed if we usurp it for our soldering irons and computer screens?
Bernius1

Post by Bernius1 »

The funny thing to me is that the perpetrators retain their affirmation of the errant logic. But I see E=MC2 in a prior post. So, is it a 'divide-by-zero' trick, where a zero-mass electron provides infinite energy ? W*H*E*W !! I made it to the end of this post. So, here are....
MY
LAST
WORDS !
Can't we end all posts with a comical quip?
Chris Smith

Post by Chris Smith »

Scandinavian countries enjoy their almost free tidal power. Their tides in some cases exceed thirty feet, and ponds that fill and drain, go through a generator to produce almost free power. <p>E=MC squared brings on new meaning if you enter in “Zero point energy” where everything in the universe is already moving, and all you have to do is figure out is how to tap into that E=MC squared for any mass that is already moving. <p>If the earth is already moving at 100,000 miles per hour through the cosmos, and spinning at 1000 mph in a circle, a small BB, times E=MC squared, would have the potential of a million pound object doing about 10 mph compared to something that is not moving through the cosmos. <p>That’s a lot of energy difference but, that is the only TRICK to hurdle over, if it can be done?