Height Adjustable Monitor Stand

This is the place for any magazine-related discussions that don't fit in any of the column discussion boards below.
sandpiper

Height Adjustable Monitor Stand

Post by sandpiper »

I want to buy an adjustable stand for a 22" monitor. This Amazon stand called an LCD Monitor
Riser has 5" height adjustability. Measuring from the bottom of the monitor, I need a stand that
will get the monitor close to my desk. Approximately 1-1/2" (see diagram).

https://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-K00 ... lp_pl_dp_2

The description does not provide the info I need. Will this Amazon stand lower the monitor
to 1-1/2" from the surface of my desk? If not, can you recommend a stand that will do the job?
Attachments
Stand Height.jpg
Lenp

Re: Height Adjustable Monitor Stand

Post by Lenp »

From the looks of it's design I would take the chance on that one. It has the long slides that will lower it, and it might be mounted with additional holes to the monitor differently if needed.

If you're not sold on that stand, look at this one. It is a simple pipe in the back and it looks like it has a very adjustable height, by using a simple clamp, and, it is less $$ !https://www.amazon.com/WALI-Standing-Mo ... B01IFTYW3I
Len

“To invent, you need a good imagination and a big pile of junk.” (T. Edison)
"I must be on the way to success since I already have the junk". (Me)
sandpiper

Post by sandpiper »

Yes! That WALI pipe stand is the best choice.

I must have looked at three dozen stands which was a mistake. In my befuddled mind, they
were all blurring into a confusing blob.

I purchased a 22" ViewSonic because it's consistently listed as number one or two on many
computer review sites. The fixed height stand provided with the monitor is nice, but I need
adjustable height.

I posted about this on a couple of forums with monitor "experts." The replies from those
"experts" almost convinced me to build an adjustable stand in my shop. The cost would be
more than a factory built stand.

I'm going to order that pipe stand right now.

Thank you Lenp.
CeaSaR

Post by CeaSaR »

Well, that would depend on your monitor, how tall it is and where the mount is in relation to the bottom of the monitor casing.

Looking at the dimensions listed on Amazon, it says 15.8" tall. It doesn't give the center height of the mount itself, but looking at the slots in the photos, I'd say it's probably maxed out at 15". That would mean the lowest setting would be about 10".

Also don't forget about the base thickness. Probably less than 1/2". So about 9-1/2" from center of mount to top of base at the lowest. Check against your monitor and there you go.
Hey, what do I know?
Lenp

Post by Lenp »

Sometimes simple is best! There is a lot of experience on this forum, visit often :grin:

Hope it works out for you.
Len

“To invent, you need a good imagination and a big pile of junk.” (T. Edison)
"I must be on the way to success since I already have the junk". (Me)
CeaSaR

Post by CeaSaR »

Lenp wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 4:57 am ... visit often :grin: ...
The more visits (and interactions), the merrier! :mrgreen:
Hey, what do I know?