Making hydrogen from water & DC

This is the place for any magazine-related discussions that don't fit in any of the column discussion boards below.
Clyde Crashkop

Making hydrogen from water & DC

Post by Clyde Crashkop »

By applying DC to water you can make a combustible hydrogen-oxygen gas, Browns gas or Hypergas. You can separate the hydrogen and oxygen. The more amps you apply, the more gas you get. To make the water more conductive you need an electrolyte. Baking soda works and is safe but battery acid or alkalis work better. The problem is that at this point you have to put more power in than you get out. You all know what it would mean to the world to efficiently produce hydrogen for cars, power plants, etc. The guys at the Over Unity Power forum are trying to do just that. They have reason to believe that adding resonant frequencies to the mix would raise production exponentially. They say they will make any successes public so oil companies can’t bury them.
You are a smart bunch of guys and maybe can help. For any of you that are interested I will try to make it easy for you to get up to speed.
This web page http://www.fortunecity.com/greenfield/bp/16/hboost.htm will explain the principals and show you how to build a simple electrolizer that will improve your gas mileage by 30% or more. Be careful here. Don’t turn this stuff loose in your air cleaner. This web page http://www.hydrogen-boost.com/tech-info.html is the same guy selling an improved version with a guarantee to increase mileage. In the article at this site http://www.remnantsaints.com/Alternativ ... Bob_Boyce/ Bob Boyce CLAIMS to have gotten mass quantities of gas by adding harmonic resonant frequencies to the electrolizer. He quit working on it because he thinks big business or Uncle Sam broke into his shop and stole everything.
This address http://oupower.com/forum/index.php3?req ... oursOld=48 will get you into the OUPower forum and is the posting where Bob explains how he discovered that frequencies help. Bob Boyce is the (at first unwilling) mentor at the OUPower forum. The best info at this forum starts back around Nov. 2003. These are a nice bunch of guys at OUPower, spending their own time and money. Please no discouraging words. If they win, we all win.
There is a lot of disinformation on this subject so use your own judgment on what to believe. If you see anything on the Keely dissociation frequency, forget it. That is the direction I was going. It would be great if it worked but I found out on Nuts & Volts forum that all you get is fog.
Good luck
Dave
jollyrgr

Re: Making hydrogen from water & DC

Post by jollyrgr »

It is like the generator I have powering the electronics in my winter house. I use a large electric generator powered by a highly efficent electric motor. This motor is connected to the generator both mechanically and electrically. The motor spins the generator and the motor gets its power from the generator. The excess power from the generator is fed into the main breaker panel and powers all my electronics. You can have it for free; as long as you buy my summer house. It happens to be in Florida so it is in a warm location. By the land and the house and generator are yours for free.<p>
To quote a line from the links:
"A theory of how electrolysis works is simple. For the sake of all reading this, I will assume nothing is known of how molecules and atoms work."<p>The author of this site must be talking about him/her self. Electrolysis is one of the most inefficent ways of craking hydrogen bonds from another substance. <p>Back a few years ago there was this powerful magnet that you strapped on the gas line going to your engine. You simply lifted the hood and put the magnet on the fuel line (with a couple ZIP ties, if I recall). This then polarized the fuel molecules and increased your mileage by several miles per gallon. These schemes DO NOT WORK!
No trees were harmed in the creation of this message. But billions of electrons, photons, and electromagnetic waves were terribly inconvenienced!
philba

Post by philba »

Conservation of Energy, not just a good idea, ITS THE LAW.<p>[ December 22, 2004: Message edited by: philba ]</p>
jwax

Post by jwax »

Jolly, Jolly! :D
And I don't suppose your house is under the swamp, is it? Of course, with free electricity, you probably simply keep pumping the water out as it comes in, right?
Dear me, Dave. When you finish your testing, let us know so we all can verify and duplicate your revolutionary device. In the meantime, we'll limp along paying for our energy that comes from real sources.
John
WA2RBA
dyarker

Post by dyarker »

Hydrogen is probably a good idea for vehicles for the environment; though it will not reduce total energy consumption.<p>"... adding resonant frequencies ..." to improve efficiency sounds plausible.<p>BUT -<p>It will take more energy, by any method, to split water, or any other molecule, to release hydrogen than can be released by burning it as fuel.<p>It takes energy to generate the resonant frequencies.<p>If they are using distilled water, it takes energy for the distillation process. If they are using fresh or salt water; it takes energy to clear the system of solid build up that will foul the process.<p>It takes energy to compress the gases for storage.<p>Luck to them on improvements. When it comes to energy transfer, "You can't win, you can't even break even." I. Asimov summing up a thermo-dynamics essay.
Dale Y
josmith

Post by josmith »

ever notice that idiots tend to be long winded
Dave Dixon

Post by Dave Dixon »

josmith,
nice,short reply.
jwax

Post by jwax »

Amen.
WA2RBA
Clyde Crashkop

Post by Clyde Crashkop »

Ha Ha
I knew you guys were smart.
I’ll bet those quacks Edison, Franklin and Bell wouldn’t have fooled you with their new fangled contraptions.
By the way. Clean up those wood chips from in front of the general store when you are done whittling.
jwax

Post by jwax »

Seems we've "whittled" any chance of you peddling snake oil on this forum.
We have this concept of keeping discussions real, doable, and based on technology. The free energy crowd have their own discussion groups/gangs.
WA2RBA
redrocker

Post by redrocker »

Oh Dave, please don't go away mad! I am in the market for a bridge, preferably one in Brooklyn. I was hoping you had one to sell.
philba

Post by philba »

reminds me of how I used to end a fight with my brother when I was a kid - "don't go away mad, just go away".
Chris Smith

Post by Chris Smith »

We know Edison wasn’t a Quack, he just didn’t know anything about electricity? <p>He spent all his time making out patents, and cashing in on the hard work of his hired hands, who knew all that he didn’t know about Electricity. We also know the feud he had with the real genius Tesla, and we know that he tried like all robber Barons of the time to crush his competition instead of learning from him. Ahh, but then Tesla was on to Edison, and that made Edison Mad.<p> Westinghouse knew better, and paid off Tesla with a million bucks worth of good will. <p>And the rest is history at GE. Edison Who?
Mike6158

Post by Mike6158 »

Dang... I missed it...<p>I did the calcs on how much energy is stored in a cup of water once. Ie. the energy that bonds the hydrogen and oxygen together... Wow... :)
"If the nucleus of a sodium atom were the size of a golf ball, the outermost electrons would lie 2 miles away. Atoms, like galaxies, are cathedrals of cavernous space. Matter is energy."