Best camera to put in a Christmas model train?

This is the place for any magazine-related discussions that don't fit in any of the column discussion boards below.
mso

Best camera to put in a Christmas model train?

Post by mso »

Every year we set up a lot of Christmas houses and a while back I got a large remote control train to go through them, we set up sort of a town. last year I took the last car of the train apart and stuck my camcorder on to it, the shots were varied but not great overall. This year (I'm planning early and I have a job so I might be able to do it) I'd like to stick a video camera into the car and have it transmit to a vcr or some other such device. The car is 3 inches high by 2 and 1/2 inches wide and 6 inches long. If I take off the cover just have a 2 by 6 platform. I'd like the camera to have a focul length between 2 inches and 2 and 1/2 to 3 feet.
Can anyone suggest the camera? Actually I'd like to have four such cameras, one for each direction but that is pushing things I think.<p>Mark
dacflyer

Re: Best camera to put in a Christmas model train?

Post by dacflyer »

look in the N&V mag.. they have many micro cameras *bare board* and they are in color too they are tiny and use 12 volts usually,,,,and a few video transmitters..as small as a dime ,or is that a quarter,,,anyway its small..and usually operated via 9volt battery.and good for a few hundred feet...check it out...look in the middle of the magazine...where all the ads are..
theres one in the 1st pages also...video and camera for about 80.00
"silicon vally's electronic market place"<p>also polaris.com has many great micro cameras<p>also check out supercircuits.com they also have a lot to choose from.<p>and there is matco.com they got cams and transmitters also...cameras as small as a dime too...<p>ok, good luck.. ;)
mso

Post by mso »

Thanks, I think this one will do it.<p>http://www.polarisusa.com/cgi-bin/view_ ... late_id=11<p> But I'd like to see a sample first. I'll write and ask them.<p>Mark
Chris Smith

Post by Chris Smith »

X-10 has some of the cheapest, and wireless ones.