Edenpure Classic space heater...NOT LEVEL

This is the place for any magazine-related discussions that don't fit in any of the column discussion boards below.
haklesup

Re: Edenpure Classic space heater...NOT LEVEL

Post by haklesup »

I've not tried one of those so called IR heaters, does it perform differently that a plain old space heater. To me a Watt is a Watt no matter how you put it into the air. OTOH, the configuration of the heat sink does effect the efficiency of how the heat flows. In a regular space heater, the element remains hot as the air flow is insufficient to remove all of its heat. With a larger radiator, more heating Watts (BTU) per Electrical Watt may reach the occupant.

Too late for this advice but I was wondering if you picked it up and rotated it around would any position read level. The level detect probably could have been bypassed but it is an essential safety feature best not defeated. It apparently does prevent some fires.
dacflyer

Post by dacflyer »

this i know..but i meant, i do not see any other reason, i looked on the net and it seems that no one else makes them in copper..
dyarker

Post by dyarker »

Copper is also more expensive.

People that don't know/care about a fairly small difference in performance and appearance go for the cheaper. so that is what mostly made. Others buy more expensive thinds for long term cost efficiency or "status".
Dale Y