CIRCUIT TO MESURE HEART

This is the place for any magazine-related discussions that don't fit in any of the column discussion boards below.
hoanf

CIRCUIT TO MESURE HEART

Post by hoanf »

i'm so happy that could find your site to help me<p>i want to find circuit to mesure rhythm of the heart by using led <p>thanks so much
life is good
redrocker

Re: CIRCUIT TO MESURE HEART

Post by redrocker »

Hello there, hoanf. A good place to start with something like this is with a kit. Ramsey has just the thing you are looking for, complete with front panel LED indicator. <p>http://www.ramseyelectronics.com/<p>They also offer extra probes for an additional fee, something you may want to purchase since you will be ordering from Vietnam.
dacflyer

Post by dacflyer »

interesting...i would like to figgure out how to get one of them clip on finger probes to work,that the hospital uses to to measure heart beat and or Oxygen levels
Chris Smith

Post by Chris Smith »

dacflyer
They are optical, and use IR leds. <p>The blood shifts from red to blue with oxygen, or lack there of.
Engineer1138

Post by Engineer1138 »

dacflyer: you may have just suggested my next project :)
The clip on cardiotachometer sensors use IR like Chris said. I tried building a heart rate monitor using LEDs years ago, and I was able to get a signal, but it was extremely noisy, and I gave up. It's still an interesting project though, and I think when I wrap up the current one, I'll look at it. If it works I'll put schematics up on the site.
dacflyer

Post by dacflyer »

ok , cool idea..i am sure it will have to be a PIC project..or?
pboese

Post by pboese »

The December issue of Circuit Cellar has an article about designing a pulse oximeter using a Light-to-Frequency convertor chip. That's one of those finger clip devices that can measure your heart rate and saturated blood oxygen. The article is very good. The article is in the "FROM THE BENCH" column by Jeff Bachiochi. It's an informative read.<p>[ December 20, 2004: Message edited by: Axlen ]</p>
The Dreamcast is not dead