Instruction manual for Foxboro 761 controller

This is the place for any magazine-related discussions that don't fit in any of the column discussion boards below.
tdziubak

Instruction manual for Foxboro 761 controller

Post by tdziubak »

Anyone know where I can get a manual for a foxboro 761 controller. It's manual BK2848.
To buy it from foxboro requires a mininum order of $100.00.... Too rich for my blood Any ideas
Tom D
Will

Re: Instruction manual for Foxboro 761 controller

Post by Will »

What exactly is a 761 controller ? I don't have a manual for it but I have some Spec 200 info which might be helpful depending on what you want to know - Is the 761 3 - 15 psi, 10 - 50 mA 4 - 20 mA - is it PI PID ?
BB
tdziubak

Re: Instruction manual for Foxboro 761 controller

Post by tdziubak »

The Foxboro 761 micro is a single loop microprocessor based PID controller offered by foxboro starting in about 1985 or so. This controller has regular PID control, the "Exact Autotune" self tuning PID algorithm, programmable linerization, programmable math capability, and takes Thermistor and/or 4-20mA inputs(4). Output is 4-20mA or 0-5V. I believe this controller was also able to interface into a DCS system as well as function as a stand alone single loop controller.<p>Specifically what I need is;
1. The external wiring info (i.e. which of the 32 terminals (numbered but not identified otherwise) on the back are input, output, thermistor input etc<p>2. I could also use, but can probably figure out by trial and error the programming/configuration of the controller. The display displays the variable but I need to know what the variable is. (i.e. Calc1, Calc2, Calc3, Calc4, constants A,B,C,...,G, Gate1, Gate2, Gate3,...Gate6, etc)<p>I have used one of these back in 1987, they are great! Full of all kinds of flexibility. Unfortunately I don't remember all the details...
The controller was bought used - without documentation. <p>Any help would be greatly appreciated !!!
Tom D