Kronos Flyer Series

mlgpilot

Re: Kronos Flyer Series

Post by mlgpilot »

Michael,

As usual a quick and helpful response. I will mount the battery holder on top. As to the KK2, I will order another NAZA and chalk this up to a learning experience. I will probably build a very small quad and use the KKS on that.

OBTW, when done your new shop will be the talk of the net...

Thanks

Mikeg
msimpson

Post by msimpson »

Look at the NAZA Lite. You can pick one up without the GPS for under $100. It will run circles around the KK2.
mlgpilot

Post by mlgpilot »

Michael,

I have officially given up on the KK2 and am looking at either the NAZA M V2 or the APM 2.5+. I went back and reread your Part 6 article covering the APM 2.5 and, setting price aside, was wondering which flight controller would provide the most expansion? I want to be able to program flights courses, run telemetry, etc. I have been using the NAZA M Lite on my first Kronos Flyier and am very impressed with the NAZA. Just not sure if the NAZA M V2 can do all the tings that the APM can.

I would value your thoughts and opinion, thanks.

MikeG
msimpson

Post by msimpson »

The APM promises a lot, but I have yet to get it to deliver on everything. It is not as stable as the NAZA and takes more effort just to get it running, much less full auto mode. I was never able to get the telemetry to work with the APM. Not sure it was a software or hardware issue.
mlgpilot

Post by mlgpilot »

Michael,

I finally dumped the KK2 controller and purchased a NAZA M V2. The programming of the V2 is very similar to the NAZA M Lite, which I used on my first Kronos Flyer, which worked very well. Not sure you can help but on the v2 larger Kronos Flyer there seems to be a delay in the throttle response. In ATT or GPS flight mode I can move the throttle stick up to half way and the motors are still just idling, but once I go over half way in throttle position then the motors slowly come up to half speed on their own and the quad lifts off. Then throttle response is very slow to change vs stick position. I am using the same model position as my first flyer so I know the problem is in the V2 flyer.

Any thoughts??

OBTW, hope you had a nice Thanksgiving.

Regards,

Mikeg
msimpson

Post by msimpson »

I have not seen this problem. You might try playing with the settings. I know they keep updating the firmware on the DJI and its hard to keep up with them. Normally the default settings worked fine.

Its possible that your ESCs need to be recalibrated.