Calling all old timers....

This is the place for any magazine-related discussions that don't fit in any of the column discussion boards below.
Lenp

Calling all old timers....

Post by Lenp »

Take a trip down memory lane and look at my "Do You Remember...." post in the "Then & Now" forum.
Enjoy,
Len
Len

“To invent, you need a good imagination and a big pile of junk.” (T. Edison)
"I must be on the way to success since I already have the junk". (Me)
Externet

Re: Calling all old timers....

Post by Externet »

Thanks for that wonderful and enjoyable post, Len

It is impressive how much we have learned since we were kids.

Miguel
- Abolish the deciBel ! -
Dean Huster

Post by Dean Huster »

Hey, Len, just because I started drawing my Medicare and despise anything that even smacks of "processor" or "software" is no reason to make cracks about old timers. Watch yourself, sonny!
Dean Huster, Electronics Curmudgeon
Contributing Editor emeritus, "Q & A", of the former "Poptronics" magazine (formerly "Popular Electronics" and "Electronics Now" magazines).

R.I.P.
Lenp

Post by Lenp »

Dean,
Dean Huster wrote:Hey, Len, just because I started drawing my Medicare and despise anything that even smacks of "processor" or "software" is no reason to make cracks about old timers. Watch yourself, sonny!
Listen you wise cracking whipper snapper...Since I overdose on Geratol, I'll run into you with my walker at the senior center! I AM bit ahead of you on the Medicare scene...... :sad:

It took me a while to realize that 'processor' was not just a noisy thing you pushed vegatables into make an inedible drink and that software wasn't sold in the clothing department. I have a catalog of electrical supplies on my shelf that includes 'speaking tube parts' and replacement zincs and carbons for batteries!...Now, no wise cracks about me ordering from them either! :razz:
Len
Len

Dean Huster

Post by Dean Huster »

Ah, you'll figure it out quick enough when you can't figure out how to make up a ZIP code from the postal zone number; or why it is that you can't find any more 2¢ Washingtons when the Post Office replaced them years ago with John Adams. Sorry, Len. The 2¢ers are Frank Lloyd Wright now and the postage rate for letters has gone up a bit to 49¢! Geez. It was the purple 3¢ Liberty stamp that got a letter out the door when I was a kid. See ya down in the cafeteria for a game of checkers.
Dean Huster, Electronics Curmudgeon
Contributing Editor emeritus, "Q & A", of the former "Poptronics" magazine (formerly "Popular Electronics" and "Electronics Now" magazines).

R.I.P.
Lenp

Post by Lenp »

But, there is one thing....
They say that Americans are out of shape, and I completely disagree for two reasons.
First, round is a shape :razz: and 40 years ago I couldn't carry $100 worth of groceries, but I can now! :???:
Len
Len