Kronos Flyer Series

msimpson

Re: Kronos Flyer Series

Post by msimpson »

I will eventually sell a mount for the Hero2. But its designed for the isolation platform. If you are not using an isolation platform your best bet will be to use an actual Hero mount. Just keep in mind that a camera not mounted on an isolation platform will take bad video due to the vibrations.

All my PDFs are net meant to be printed. As I many will be rolled into a future book and I don’t want any printed copies floating around.

The parts on the UNM can be used in any configuration you like. So far I have found the Hero 2 to give off the most interference. You want it mounted as far away from the NAZA GPS and radio as possible.
Ted Tuck

Post by Ted Tuck »

Thanks for the fast response. Your last point, about separating the Hero from the Naza, justified the platforms for me. Your store has already confirmed my order.

What time this afternoon can I have them?

Ted
randyr

Post by randyr »

Kronos Flyer tips. Label everything, it helps when you have to replace parts and keeps things in perspective.
1. the 4 motor mounts eg. M1 CCW, M2 CW, M3 CCW, M4 CW
2. the frame orientation, eg Front/Back
3. the ESC's 1,2,3,4
4. the motor phase connections (on either side) after prop rotation is set up eg 1-2-3 or a-b-c e and (4-5-6) etc, I use 3M STD-0-9 wire markers, buy spare motors
5. use "nylock" nuts on 4-40 and 6-32 mounting hardware instead of locktite to simplify changing out damaged frame parts
6. use 1/8 hobby ply to make templates of frame parts and Naza mount parts (you will have bad landings and break some of these parts)
7. use a straight edge across the ends of the booms to confirm there was no twisting of the frame
8. use a protective dome over the electronics
9. make up spare booms
10. balance props after each bad landing, buy lots of spare props
This is a very rugged design and can take very bad landings and repairs can be made quickly.
Attachments
DSC03208 (800x600).jpg
msimpson

Post by msimpson »

How do you like the NAZA? There is nothing like it.
msimpson

Post by msimpson »

Here is a little vid of me creating a micro drone with my M2 3D printer.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4Xi5Xn8 ... e=youtu.be
msimpson

Post by msimpson »

Added a GPS and camera to the micro drone and took it for a test run.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=On0tSJmb ... e=youtu.be
mrlich

Post by mrlich »

Mike, I followed the Kronos series and built my own and have yet to fly it. My problem is my r/c controller which is a Turnigy 9x exactly as you describe in the series. I cannot get this radio to mesh with the Naza controller. No matter what settings I set the Turnigy to, when I disconnect the USB cable from the PC the Naza just gives a continuous string of yellow flashes and that is it. I believe the problem is in the setup of the three position switch. I cannot get this right. I am so frustrated I want to shoot this thing. I have a Futaba FTG8 on Backorder from Hobbyking. I am also looking at other sites for the Futaba, the price is $40.00 more than HobbyKing but this is offset by the shipping cost from HobbyKing. These other sites advertise the Futaba as setup for Airplanes. Does this mean there is a special version for Helos. I thought that the Futaba was able to work with any unit. While I wait for the Futaba, What is the secret to getting the turnigy to function. How do you set up the three position switch. I really would appreciate any help I can get. THANK YOU, GARY LICHTENSTEIN
msimpson

Post by msimpson »

On the Futaba radio do you mean 8FG?

For the radio you want a mode 2 radio as its just easyer to fly a quad. A mode 1 will work but the controls will be layed out different.

On the Naza rapid flashing amber lights mean that it is in failsafe mode. A setting off on the NAZA or radio can cause this.

My web site has all the settings needed for the 9X and NAZA here:
http://www.kronosrobotics.com/multiroto ... ndex.shtml

The Futaba can be found here:
http://www.kronosrobotics.com/multiroto ... ndex.shtml
mrlich

Post by mrlich »

Mike, I printed out the settings you directed me to and I have a few questions. What mode do I go to, if I go to the ACRO mode I do not have the pitch curve window, I only have that in Heli mode. Do I use PPM or PCM. Do I use Heli mode or ACRO mode.
msimpson

Post by msimpson »

Since the pitch curve sets up the mode switch you must go heli mode. FM-PPM.
mrlich

Post by mrlich »

MIKE, SUCCESS, thank you for the help. It finally works.

THANK YOU, GARY
mrlich

Post by mrlich »

I'M BACK. Now that I finally got the Turnigy 9x to work, I took it all apart. I now have the Futaba Tfg8 and rec. I went to the Kronos flyer site and downloaded the Naza S bus settings file. I cannot open the file. All the programs I have will not open the file. My question is, is the file corrupted or as usual I do not know what I am doing. Please, guide me in the right direction.

Thank You, MRLICH
msimpson

Post by msimpson »

First let me start off by saying there is no such radio as a Tfg8. The Futaba radio is a T8FG.

Have you downloaded the Futaba File System Utility? The instructions for its use is included with the download.
mrlich

Post by mrlich »

AUGUST 14, 2013

MIKE, I am sorry that I got the numbers for the Futaba mixed up. This is what happens when you are a 71 year old, 26 year U.S.NAVY Veteran with problems. I really hope that your correction of my wrong model number was done in jest and not in a sarcastic venue. I really liked your Kronos Flyer series which is what compelled me to build my own instead of purchasing a ready made one. I hope you have more series like the Kronos Flyer in the future.

THANK YOU,
GARY LICHTENSTEIN
msimpson

Post by msimpson »

It was partialy jest, but I also didnt want anyone chasing after a radio that does not exist so I called it out.