June 1993 Nuts and Volts magazine

This is the place for any magazine-related discussions that don't fit in any of the column discussion boards below.
xmitman

June 1993 Nuts and Volts magazine

Post by xmitman »

I am looking to purchase the June 1993 issue of Nuts and Volts magazine. I need this issue to complete my collection. This issue is not available from Nuts and Volts magazine. Can anyone help me?
Externet

Re: June 1993 Nuts and Volts magazine

Post by Externet »

Welcome and congratulations; that is a big pile of a great magazine.
Am unable to help you, but perhaps you can help finding an article of around early nineties.

Whenever you feel like, there should be an article about flyback circuits, brilliantly written that I cannot locate. Cannot remember much, author nor exact issue. I hope it is not in the missing June '93 :sad:

Thanks,
Miguel

----> this is very old, perhaps worth following ?
http://forum.nutsvolts.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=14945
- Abolish the deciBel ! -
xmitman

Post by xmitman »

I'll see if I can find the article and get back to you
xmitman

Post by xmitman »

Hi Externet,

I have all issues of Nuts and Volts now from Jan. 1992 to present. I looked through the table of contents from Jan. 1992 through Dec. 1994 and could not find an article of Flybacks. Could you have the year wrong or perhaps it's another magazine such as Radio Electronics or Popular Electronics? I would also be interested in the article as I like to play with flybacks as well.
Externet

Post by Externet »

Thanks very, very much, xmitman for the effort and keeping my request in mind.

I just remember being early 90's. If was 90, 91 or 92 is beyond my brain. It would be sooo nice if Nuts & Volts could provide at least the index of contents of all their issues. I was not lucky when contacted the magazine office; perhaps the data is buried. Something unusual is if they do not keep an archive library of their work since day one.

Am keeping an eye on your issue, someday it will show up.
Miguel
xmitman

Post by xmitman »

I have acquired the June 1993 issue I was looking for. Yeah, they don't have an index of all issues. They told me articles started appearing February 1992. Before that, it was all electronics advertisements. Do you know if the flyback article was part of another article or was this the main focus of the article?
Externet

Post by Externet »

Hi xmitman.

The main focus of the article; was referring on how the highly tuned components on flyback circuits like in TV CRTs interacted and made it extremely efficient; perhaps the title of the article did not mention exactly 'Flyback' but 'high voltage' or 'tuned' or 'CRT' or ... but it was a very well written and clear to understand tutorial step by step of the actions and whys and effects of every part of the design.
Got it obssessively embedded in me, as per the quality of the explanation and lucid knowledge of the author.

Miguel
jollyrgr

Post by jollyrgr »

I miss Damien Thorm (I think that was the name). He did cell phone articles.
No trees were harmed in the creation of this message. But billions of electrons, photons, and electromagnetic waves were terribly inconvenienced!