Specs Needed for this Power Supply

This is the place for any magazine-related discussions that don't fit in any of the column discussion boards below.
ElectronJunky

Specs Needed for this Power Supply

Post by ElectronJunky »

I bought a power supply off of eBay. The seller did not have any specs other than the following:<p>Maker - Cosel
Model - K150AU-24
ACIN 100-120V
47-440Hz 3.5A<p>Output [email protected]<p>The supply was in execellant condition. It was used as it came with some wires attached and were cut out of circuit.<p>I need help identifying the markings on the back.
From left to right:<p>+V+S +V -V -V-S FG AC(L) AC(N)<p>I did a search on the Net, and found companies that will repair this PS, but non willing to give me any specs.<p>Any Help Please?
Brian G. :confused:
Chris Foley

Re: Specs Needed for this Power Supply

Post by Chris Foley »

You have a power supply with 120VAC nominal input, and 24VDC output at 6.5 amps. The power supply is "remote sensing", which means it can compensate for voltage drops across lengths of wire that will reduce the load regulation.<p>First, AC(L) refers to what electricians call L1, or the "hot" end of the line voltage. AC(N) refers to L2, or the "neutral" side of the line voltage. The spec above says to put a 3.5A fuse in series with L1. FG refers to Field Ground, or the green wire coming from a grounding 3-prong line cord. It *probably* is not connected in the power supply to anything except the PS chassis, but check to make sure. If you don't know what you're doing on the line voltage/120VAC end, ask somebody first.<p>For the low voltage DC end, if you're not too concerned about voltage drops across your wires, just connect +V (positive voltage) and +S (positive sense) together at the power supply, and connect -V (negative voltage)and -S (negative sense) together at the power supply. You'll get 24VDC at the PS terminals between +V and -V with no problem.<p>If you want to compensate for voltage drops across the wires, connect +V and +S together at the load, and connect -V and -S together at the load.<p>Don't have any docs, but this should be enough to let you power it up and check it out.<p>Good luck.
Chris<p>[ October 02, 2003: Message edited by: Chris Foley ]</p>