can't see pictures

Electronics Computer Programming Q&A
new guy

can't see pictures

Post by new guy »

I get e-mails with pictures that don't show. all I get is a square box with a very small box in the left upper corner. The small box has red,green and blue marks in it. What program am I missing in order to open thes pictures??
reloadron

Re: can't see pictures

Post by reloadron »

You don't mention what email client you are using. Email client being what program you view your email in such as Outlook, Outlook Express or a host of others? Most email client software has the option of selecting Tools / Options / Security with options for blocking images. Without knowing exactly which email client you have it is hard to be specific.

Ron
frhrwa
Location: Eastern Washington (state) and N. Las Vegas (winter)

Post by frhrwa »

I use OUtlook, and it does the same thing.. Embarqmail does it. hotmail does it.. I'm not sure, I think Yahoo is the only one I have that doesn't.. looked all through the options, can't find anything to unlock and view pictures.. I get the red X and I hit delete.. can't see anything anyway, why be bothered trying..
JESUS”…… don’t leave EARTH without HIM!
psycho

Post by psycho »

I use mozilla thunderbird and when I get email with embedded pics in em, thunderbird says something like "To protect your privacy, thunderbird has blocked remote content in this message." Then, there is a button on the right side that says "Show Remote Content". Also, right under the above message, there is clickable text that allows you to always load the content from THAT sender automatically.

Hope it helps,
Kevin