What can you do if you dont have any virus protect

Electronics Computer Programming Q&A
Manipox

What can you do if you dont have any virus protect

Post by Manipox »

My home is only 1400 feet away from a 733 foot, 50,000 watt radio tower and another smaller radio tower next to it. In the past, I've had problems with my garage door opening with the remote. Now, my new computer is acting up. Sometimes when I start it up it just gets to the desktop and doesn't load anything. No matter what I click nothing loads or happens. I scanned it with 3 different anti-virus/spyware programs and nothing was found. The room its in has a window facing directly at the towers. I blocked the window with some stuff and the computer works normally so far. Could the electromagnetic radiation be affecting my pc? I've had problems with numerous other electronics and r/c toys in the past also.
[link removed by moderator]
haklesup

Re: What can you do if you dont have any virus protection? what

Post by haklesup »

remove that commercial link and I'll answer your question :x
MrAl

Re: What can you do if you dont have any virus pro

Post by MrAl »

Hi,

Yeah, this looks like spam so if he/she doesnt come back we'll get rid of this thread i guess.

I almost replied to this thread with some suggestions, but then again it's very hard to deal with
viruses without some sort of software. I know first hand because i used the internet for years
without any special software could be downloaded, but even then i wrote my own software to help
and even using that it was hard to get rid of some affecting stuff. I guess that means all i could
suggest would be to get some virus software even if it's a cheaper package.
I also found that some files, even if i knew they were a problem, were very hard to delete by hand.

ADDED LATER:
Now that i think about it, this is a pretty good question and i once thought about this too at
great length. Maybe others will benefit from knowing that it's very hard to deal with unless you
get SOME kind of virus protection software.

I've been using computers since the 1980's, and in the 1970's worked with shop built custom
CPU's, but only been 'online' since around 1998. Since then i've gotten all kinds of problems
due to viruses and programs that were run from web sites that i visited even without clicking
on anything. Some of the problems that came up ranged in severity, but most of them took
at least a couple hours to get rid of by hand and a few of them actually required reinstalling
the entire operating system. I dont think that's something most people want to have to do
every time a virus hits.
LEDs vs Bulbs, LEDs are winning.
Externet

Re: What can you do if you dont have any virus protect

Post by Externet »

Hi.
Just remove the crap and the idiot :

http://www.google.com/search?q=%22My+ho ... =firefox-a

Infecting everywhere. :x

Miguel
- Abolish the deciBel ! -
Robert Reed

Re: What can you do if you dont have any virus pro

Post by Robert Reed »

WOW! I never knew there was such an abundance of building lots exactly 1400' away from towers that were exactly 733' tall. :eek:
Good catch there Externet.