Smileys Workshop

Get help with your Nuts & Volts projects or Kits purchased from Nuts & Volts here.
andreas

Smileys Workshop

Post by andreas »

Hi,

i am German, sorry for my english.
I read smielys Workshop, most informative article, but i can´t find Workshop20.zip.

Thx
Andreas
SETEC_Astronomy

Re: Smileys Workshop

Post by SETEC_Astronomy »

There is no Workshop20.zip, The March article is Part 2 of Workshop19 so the correct download is Smiley's Workhop 19 Source Code
andreas

Post by andreas »

i have download the workshop19.zip. Code for the adruino Voltmeter isn´t inside this file. Only "Simple Term" and "Getting User Input" is as VB and C# Code inside. please check that.

thx

for your help

Andreas

Joe write Workshop20.zip
SETEC_Astronomy

Post by SETEC_Astronomy »

My mistake, I clicked the link to my Feb digital issue, after clicking the March link I now see the reference to Workshop20Source.zip. It seems to be oversight or filename mixup. I've tried several combinations of filename based on the workshop 18 and 19 links, none worked. The file doesn't seem to be on Joe's site either SmileyMicros Index -> Workshop 20.
andreas

Post by andreas »

hi,
but (link) the list is empty
i wait for few day´s. i think its early morning for Joe and workshop20 comes in few days

thx
Andreas
Michael Kaudze
Site Admin

Post by Michael Kaudze »

Joe Pardue - the author of the series has not made the file public yet... As soon as he releases the files we will have them available for download... You can also check out his homepage http://www.smileymicros.com/ for any updates. When we receive the file you can download it from the download section @ http://www.nutsvolts.com/index.php?/mag ... loads/2010

Thanks for being patient. :)
Intelligence is the ability to adapt to change. Stephen William Hawking.
Michael Kaudze
Site Admin

Post by Michael Kaudze »

Workshop20.zip is now available in the Downloads
Intelligence is the ability to adapt to change. Stephen William Hawking.
andreas

Post by andreas »

Thanks for your help, I've found it. am also grateful to Joe for his excellent work.

Andreas
sf_hombre

Post by sf_hombre »

On Page 49 of the February article "Serial Communications Part 2 - A Simple Terminal" the instructions are: "From the Settings Design form, click the Okay button and the Cancel buttons..."

Those buttons are shown Settings form in Figure 4 on the same page, but there were no instructions about how to create the Okay and Cancel buttons. Being new to Visual Studio and C#, I'm not sure what type of buttons to create from the toolbox.

Can someone help?
psycho

Post by psycho »

I don't remember what he wrote but to create a button, in the IDE, choose "Button" in the toolbox. Then you can set all of the properties of your new button and play a little :grin: (I use VC++ 2008 express)