Night Vision Repair

This is the place for any magazine-related discussions that don't fit in any of the column discussion boards below.
moe

Night Vision Repair

Post by moe »

Hello to the group, anyone know where I can have my NTZ-1 Night Vision (Russian) repaired in the U.S.? Thanks
Chris Smith

Re: Night Vision Repair

Post by Chris Smith »

Whats wrong with it?<p>You can build power supplies from scratch, change out new lens's, or build a case if necessary. <p>They arent hard? <p>Unless your not into electronics?
moe

Post by moe »

Chris it just stoped working it's only a year old and only have about 2 hours of use on it since new. Just won't power up checked the battery leads and connector and put in a new battery.
Chris Smith

Post by Chris Smith »

Are you any good in Electronics and some mechanical work? Tinkering will do. <p>We could e mail and I'll walk you through the diagnostics. <p>You will have to open it up.
moe

Post by moe »

Thanks that would be a great help the unit runs on one 9 volt battery.
Bernius1

Post by Bernius1 »

Some of the mil-spec's have two 'c' cell type rechargeables, and a 1.5V lithium disc in a second slot. Maybe yours has two also.
Can't we end all posts with a comical quip?
Chris Smith

Post by Chris Smith »

Post your email today and you can cancel it /edit it out after I Get it. Tomorrow, Im up grading my computer and may be off line for a few days. Ill check several times today for your address before I have to strip my computer down for sale later today, and a new mother board get re installed.<p>*********************
Ive got to go off line for a few days, dont post it for now, wait til I come back on line with the new computer. I have worked on a Dozen Night scopes, but not the Russian model, and should be able to walk you through the basics. If not, a new power supply is easy, cheap, and available.<p>[ September 30, 2003: Message edited by: Chris Smith ]</p>
moe

Post by moe »