Thousands of parts being disposed of...

This is the place for any magazine-related discussions that don't fit in any of the column discussion boards below.
Externet

Thousands of parts being disposed of...

Post by Externet »

Hi fellows.
At my workplace a huge lot of obsolete boards and components will be discarded/sold to canibals.<p>Let me know needs of weird/unobtanium/sought after parts you may need and will keep for you at $0.
Edited-added -> : Mostly A/D ; D/A ; audio specialized ; DSP.
Am located in the San Francisco bay area, but these parts are being sold to a canibal and what I am offering to you guys, is to keep the exotic parts that you may SPECIFY BY REQUEST posting here in this forum for $0, But you pay the postage to send them.
So, name and list your wishes, and if such parts/IC's are available among the pile I will capture them and notify you right here on this forum. Doing this just for the sport of hobby electronics and my appreciation to you, guys.
No emails to me, no "I want everything" please.<p>Miguel<p>[ August 25, 2005: Message edited by: Externet ]</p>
- Abolish the deciBel ! -
JPKNHTP

Re: Thousands of parts being disposed of...

Post by JPKNHTP »

-JPKNHTP
-God Bless
Enzo

Post by Enzo »

OOh, I want ev....<p>Oh, darn.<p>SOunds like a fine gesture and a wonderful opportunity. I regret it doesn't seem to fit into my need list, but thanks.<p>JPK, San Francisco is in California.
sofaspud

Post by sofaspud »

Any Reticon SAD1024's in the pile?
Ed B.

Post by Ed B. »

Externet - Miguel,<p>How about LM3909's ?<p>Ed B.
Bernius1

Post by Bernius1 »

Hmmmm.... Hobbyist fodder:
555's , LM2900 ,LM1458 ,LM108 (instrument) , poly styr/ethyl/propylene cap's, 1% precicion resistors in asst'd values, LM358/380 audio, IRF540's & 3055 power x-istors, asst'd zeners, asst'd SMT's..... I'm OK. But if you have labeled coils or odd freq. crystals . Stuff that I can trust reasonably when breadboarding. Or multi-turn trimpots in odd values. But I don't think I have an immediate need for an octal 3-state transparent latch ! BTW, why cannibalize ? Send the whole board. And if it's proprietary, just nip out 2>3 components so the ckt ain't reverseengineerable ! George
Can't we end all posts with a comical quip?
Clyde Crashkop

Post by Clyde Crashkop »

Hi Externet
I could use some 8255 Parallel Peripheral Interface chips or circuit boards that include them.
Thank you
Dave Hogan
L. Daniel Rosa

Post by L. Daniel Rosa »

DACs? I wouldn't mind having a few parallel input 8 to 12 bit single channel DACs, but there are so any part numbers it hardly seems worth while.<p>no_vice reminded me that I wouldn't mind having 1% resistors in 1.00, 2.00, 3.01 and 4.02 in just about every decade (except for two reels of 10k0 I have on hand) for some substitution blocks. Also a bunch in any particluar value at or beyond 1M for a high voltage divider. Low value 1/4W (20 Ohm or less) in any tolerance would be nice (LED array).<p>Any complementary pairs of transistors (matching not secessary) in TO-220 would be nice- I have some H-bridges to populate. For that matter any PNP with good gain characteristics would work for the QCD switcher design I'd like to build.<p>Crystals. I have more 16MHz than I can use, but anything in the 5MHz and below might be nice to play with (PICs rated for 4MHz, I'll push 'em a little). Especially sought after are 3.84MHz.<p>Some 4051, 4052, 4053, or 4067 analog switches/multiplexers would be appreciated too.
dacflyer

Post by dacflyer »

panel meters leds / flourescent , anything blinky / flashy / makes noises etc..
hi voltage devices hi voltage resistors or caps etc..
looking for stuff to make a MARX generator and a vandigraph.. hard to find a collector for such.
[email protected]
sofaspud

Post by sofaspud »

They're maybe not so exotic, but I'd even be interested in low-noise opamps or log pots.<p>hehe... vandigraph. dacflyer, I'm pretty sure you were understood to mean Van de Graaff.
Gary

Post by Gary »

Any stepper motors?
Mike

Post by Mike »

Just wondering, you said you have some audio stuff? Like what?<p>I'm looking for transformers, speakers, amps, etc.
Externet

Post by Externet »

Hello everyone.<p>Sofaspud: No SAD1024; the mostly used low noise op-amps I set aside for you are TL072, I set aside 10 pieces; some NE5532 another 10 pieces; unobtanium SSM2017 10 pieces; <p>Ed B. : LM3909 - They are hiding from me; will set aside and confirm found editing this same message when gathered.<p>no_vice: 555, set 5 pieces aside, LM2900 none; MC1452 set 10 pieces aside; LM108 have to double search; Assorted SMT mostly logic by the thousands, in 2 feet tubes, but a specific request should be better, as mailing the tubes may be not convenient. (Or I can dump them in an envelope). Please state preferences. Just grabbed a fistful of tubes and some of them are AT27C040, ...ACT245,PI74FCT162373,74HC4051,...ACT245, ...HC574, CXK58257, ...HCT2730,...HC241A, EPM7032LC44-15.
Assorted SMD "sand" too.<p>Dave Hogan: no luck, sorry<p>Daniel Rosa: I picked 30 pieces AD/converters, assorted. The 1% resistors I sent you already is the only thing I have, in larger quantities, Maybe half a trunkload, but this does not fall into the 'envelope' mailing from my workplace goodies; those I have at home.
Few 3.48 MHz oscillators set aside, and assorted multiplexers too.<p>Dacflyer: LCD modules are about a pound each, set aside a couple of boards with multiple 10 segment led arrays, they are about 2" x 7"<p>Gary : A few steppers set aside, they will be about 2 pounds just making a small package.<p>Mike: Transformers for power supplies, with the power supply attached, at about 3 pounds each, about a hundred of them<p>Please consider proper mailing envelopes/cartons postage for the weight expected for each one of you. I will return your own excess stamps if sent non-attached<p>I thought it would be easier to please you guys, but some requests are not simple, or the available goodies are not fancy enough :) <p>THIS SAME message may be edited with any updates, check later.<p>Whoever of you decide to get the toys, please send APPROPIATE estimated postage, I will match excess or lack of it with random parts. Send the self adressed stamped (padded?) envelopes or preferred mailers to :
Miguel
348 Estabrook #104
San Leandro CA 94577 <p>Hope everything will come out fine,
Miguel :)
Mike

Post by Mike »

Hello,<p>Do you know what the voltage/amperage ratings are on those transformers?<p>Thanks!
Externet

Post by Externet »

Hi Mike.
Several types, all laminated toroidals, 30 to 40 VAC center tapped secondary, from 110mA to 500 mA, dual primaries. Well over a pound each.
Not for high power amplification; mainly used in these, check the power schematics specially for 8200 product:
ftp://ftp.orban.com/
Miguel