KR-V6050 Home Stereo Receiver (Need help)

This is the place for any magazine-related discussions that don't fit in any of the column discussion boards below.
keymaker

KR-V6050 Home Stereo Receiver (Need help)

Post by keymaker »

It's always been a good receiver but now I can't get ANY output to the speakers.. I've tried the tuner, I tried A instead of B for the speakers, nothing...<p> See I have the cover off, have had for years now, so that it can cool down.. yesterday I dropped something on it, somewhere near the middle I believe..<p>
Is there anyone out there who might have a service manual or be able to help me fix it?
Edd

Re: KR-V6050 Home Stereo Receiver (Need help)

Post by Edd »

Keymaker:
You must have been busy opening a bunch of locks …. no posts lately.<p>Don’t know of any freebies tech info on that old of a unit…even from the Russkies tech site.
You put the analysis completely in a different perspective when you mentioned something being dropped into the uncased unit. You covered the operator error types of problems. Then normally you would check all fusing and then the power supply proper for output from it and then power resistors and then the PCB’s in power carrying and regions of high heat/current/dissipation for floating or marginal solder joints. Then lastly the heavier semiconductors if failure was placed on their power supply routing.
Now, on the unit receiving damage from the falling object, that could entail an open fracturing of a trace(s) on the the PCB proper .However if the object was a metallically conductive it could have bridged circuitry /bare wiring leads and popped open a B+ supply resistor.
It looks like there is the complete Kenwood factory service manual available for your unit here:
http://www.4homeelectronics.com/ShowItem/?GD9100566290
Unit<p>http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... gory=39796
Manual only<p>Looks like no takers at a $3.00 bid or you could clinch it for ~$7.00 now and not take a
chance. Sure beats the factory’s $25-30 cost + S&H.
73's de Edd
[email protected] ........(Interstellar~~~~Warp~~~Speed)
[email protected]........(Firewalled-Spam*Cookies*Crumbs)
;)<p>[ September 25, 2003: Message edited by: Edd Whatley ]</p>
keymaker

Post by keymaker »

I will try to get it scanned and e-mailed to me<p>
To be honest I dropped the back of my tower on it
It sits on top of it (straddling it) and I punched it
:=(
Edd

Post by Edd »

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Edd Whatley:
[QB]Keymaker:
You must have been busy opening a bunch of locks …. no posts lately.<p>Don’t know of any freebies tech info on that old of a unit…even from the Russkies tech site.
You put the analysis completely in a different perspective when you mentioned something being dropped into the uncased unit. You covered the operator error types of problems. Then normally you would check all fusing and then the power supply proper for output from it and then power resistors and then the PCB’s in power carrying and regions of high heat/current/dissipation for floating or marginal solder joints. Then lastly the heavier semiconductors if failure was placed on their power supply routing.
Now, on the unit receiving damage from the falling object, that could entail an open fracturing of a trace(s) on the the PCB proper .However if the object was a metallically conductive it could have bridged circuitry /bare wiring leads and popped open a B+ supply resistor.
It looks like there is the complete Kenwood factory service manual available for your unit here:
http://www.4homeelectronics.com/ShowItem/?GD9100566290
Unit<p>http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... gory=39796
Manual only. Which should be compatible with your unit in the typical area you will be having trouble with/in...and since you weren't having problems in the video processing aspects of the unit.<p>Looks like no takers at a $3.00 bid or you could clinch it for ~$7.00 now and not take a
chance. Sure beats the factory’s $25-30 cost + S&H.
73's de Edd
[email protected] ........(Interstellar~~~~Warp~~~Speed)
[email protected]........(Firewalled-Spam*Cookies*Crumbs)
;)
BeatleFred

Post by BeatleFred »

Hello,<p>For any vintage hi fi enthusiasts on this site, please stop by and visit: www.audiokarma.org<p>There are alot of good folks there. You might try and post your Kenwood question in the Message Board forums and perhaps some readers there can be of assistance to you. I moderate the 'Exclusively Sansui' section at A.K. <p>Sincerely,<p>Fred.
Joseph

Post by Joseph »

I like Sir Edd's advice about getting the manual. The whole process is much easier with it.<p>[ September 29, 2003: Message edited by: Joseph Meisenhelder ]</p>
dacflyer

Post by dacflyer »

dropped your tower on it :o
sounds like you cracked the circuit board...
either that or let out the magic smoke :p <p>magic smoke is what makes electronics work...if you let the smoke out,, it will not work no more... :p