Part ID needed for LCD TV Inverter board component

This is the place for any magazine-related discussions that don't fit in any of the column discussion boards below.
mikeu

Part ID needed for LCD TV Inverter board component

Post by mikeu »

Hi,

I'm working on a Toshiba 42HL196 LCD TV. The backlight is out. There are two inverter boards - a master and slave, one on each side of the set. The boards are made by CMO and are part numbers VIT70023.50 and VIT70023.51.
I have found replacement boards but where is the fun in that! I'd like to repair it at the component level.
Someone else removed some parts from the master board. I need to identify what these are and where they can be purchased.
The parts in question are in a d-pak case and are labeled D413 and D454. There are many pairs of these devices elsewhere on the board and I'm pretty sure they drive the inverter transformers.
I can't seem to identify the logo on the these parts.
Thanks for your help.

Mike
Dave Dixon

Re: Part ID needed for LCD TV Inverter board component

Post by Dave Dixon »

Here is one site that has pictures of logos for identification. Hope this helps.
http://www.elnec.com/support/ic-logos/?method=logo
Dave

EDIT: Here is one more...
http://www.advanced-tech.com/ic_logos/ic_logos.htm
Externet

Post by Externet »

Hi. Handle the numbers as 2SD413 and 2SD454 instead. They are saving printing ink...

Miguel
- Abolish the deciBel ! -
mikeu

Post by mikeu »

Hi again,

An update on my component problem.
I was able to identify the parts as AOD454 and AOD413. These are n channel and p channel mosfets made by AOS (Alpha and Omega Semiconductor).
Digikey stocks only one of the complimentary pair.
Anyone know of good subs before I start downloading data sheets?

Mike
dacflyer

Post by dacflyer »

strange enough, the last few lcd tv's i have worked on and needed parts, i tried to order them, no problem, when it came time to pay. they told me there was no charge..so give it a try, maybe you can get the part the same way..
i needed a power supply, and they sent it to me free, i told them all i needed was a part. they said not available, so you get the whole PS..COOL ! i thought.
same thing with a backlight inverter, freebie also. i guess they knew it was still under warranty or releativity new.