adobe 9

Electronics Computer Programming Q&A
danbob

adobe 9

Post by danbob »

with my old adobe I could out line a section of a schematic and then right click to get options one of these was to print the selected section of the page. I have up graded to adobe reader 9 and can no longer do this. is there any way to print a section of a page in adobe 9? Dan
MrAl

Re: adobe 9

Post by MrAl »

Hi Dan,

My guess is that you can still select graphics, which i believe is what you were doing originally, but
perhaps with the new software it 'automatically' saves the selection to the chipboard.

What you can do is try selecting some graphics (after clicking on the right menu item) by holding
down the mouse button (as usual) and then after you let go of the mouse, go into another
application where you can paste pictures like bitmaps. Look on the menu for 'paste' and try
pasting whatever is on the clipboard into that application. You should see a picture appear
if it worked. I think it works this way so you should at least try this first.
LEDs vs Bulbs, LEDs are winning.
reloadron

Post by reloadron »

Hi Dan

I believe you are referring to the snapshot tool which is available in Acrobat Reader 9.0 as well as the ability to select specific sections of text. However, the use of these tools is dependent on how the PDF was set up when it was created. From the Menu bar you can click Document and then view the Security Settings, that will tell you what the document will or will not allow.

Ron
danbob

Post by danbob »

I tryed the document on a old laptop I had with adobe 6 and snap shot worked perfectly. I guess adobe 9 will not allow you to use snap shot on some older documents. On this document the snap shot icon does not even high lite on the tool bar.
danbob
reloadron

Post by reloadron »

I wish I had an older version to try and work with. Actually I likely do on an old program install disk, maybe I could throw it on an old laptop and experiment a little more with things.

Ron