Conficker Eye-chart

This is the place for any magazine-related discussions that don't fit in any of the column discussion boards below.
Bigglez

Conficker Eye-chart

Post by Bigglez »

I wondered if my home PC has been infected?
Apparently not.
Here's a very quick and safe test.
Joseph

Re: Conficker Eye-chart

Post by Joseph »

Hi there. That is a cool test. I will reply if for no other reason to bump it to the top.

Recently, I was on a very popular message forum when a warning came up saying that my computer was infected with such and such a virus or whatever. I was immediately suspicious and was in no way going to click anywhere in the box. I went to the tab at the bottom of the screen to override but was not able to get the right click to work. A very bad indication. Then I went into task manager to the applications tab and as soon as i would try to right click to select "close" from the drop down menu, the selection would shift to the next application below it. Beware! I finally got it by shutting down Internet Explorer processes (processes tab) one by one rather randomly until I found it and it closed.
jollyrgr

Post by jollyrgr »

Nice idea. Moderators/Admins. Any possibility of making this a STICKY so it is at the top for the next few months?
No trees were harmed in the creation of this message. But billions of electrons, photons, and electromagnetic waves were terribly inconvenienced!
CeaSaR

Post by CeaSaR »

Bump

CeaSaR
Hey, what do I know?