Hearing Aids

This is the place for any magazine-related discussions that don't fit in any of the column discussion boards below.
QUESTER

Hearing Aids

Post by QUESTER »

Does anyone know how or where to get parts for a digital hearing instrument? There are only 4 parts in there: speaker, mike, cmos, and volume control, but I can't get a line on where to get any of them.
russlk

Re: Hearing Aids

Post by russlk »

Why digital? you can use 4000 series CMOS logic gate as a linear op amp, it operates on 3 volts and uses next to nothing for current. Radio Shack sells all the components, mike, speaker/earphone, volume control & 4001 IC.
QUESTER

Post by QUESTER »

I neglected to mention that these hearing aid components must fit in the ear and they run on 1.4 volts.
I have one of those Radio Shack amplifers and they realy do a good job of amplifing, but you have to ware it and those earphones.
Gary

Post by Gary »

Saw an ad in Family Handyman I think it was, for a mail-order hearing aid from a no-name company. $19.95 and it fit inside the ear. Looked like it might be worth the risk even if the company isn't legit.<p>Am having high frequency hearing loss myself. Difficulty hearing high tones, some birds, small bells, consonants etc.
motwnbro

Post by motwnbro »

as 2 the radio shak hearing amplifier, i found that they picked up the noise of the russeling on the shirt it was clipped 2. so what i did was remove the mics from thecircuit board installed an input jack . i use a computer mic/headphones instead. piont the mic straight out 2 hear what is in front of u or bend back 2u 2 hear yourself sing as u drive down the high way of life