output switch

This is the place for any magazine-related discussions that don't fit in any of the column discussion boards below.
dmascare

output switch

Post by dmascare »

Does anyone know of any kind of device that will switch input and output lines of a DAQ system. Basically I have a system made up of PZT patches that can act as both sensors and actuators but i dont want to have to rewire the input and output into the DAQ card every time i want to switch between sensor and actuator function of a particular PZT patch. <p>If you guys have any idea of either a manual switching system or even a programmable switching system that can be purchased quickly it would be greatly appreciated.
Engineer1138

Re: output switch

Post by Engineer1138 »

Do you mean something like a crosspoint matrix where you can switch any input to any output?
positronicle

Post by positronicle »

--Edited by Positronicle--
dmascare

Post by dmascare »

Sorry I haven't gotten back sooner I was gone for the weekend
Basically I only have one dedicated output line, and a number of input lines. I would like to somehow use my single output line to excite different PZT sensors in my network at different times. I only need to excite one PZT sensor at any given time. Now for the sensor that I excite, I will need to have both input and output capability. I had considered wiring up some kind of relay system, but I was hoping there was already some kind of chip or black box that already knew how to do this. The crosspoint matrix idea sounds intriguing. I will also look into the spdt relay. Thanks for your help guys. I am pretty new at this type of thing so I really appreciate any help
positronicle

Post by positronicle »

--Edited by Positronicle--
dmascare

Post by dmascare »

Thanks for the help. I looked at the ADG408 and I am pretty sure that is what I'm looking for. one again thanks alot.