new to the ez430, any help available?

Electronics Computer Programming Q&A
grouchy

new to the ez430, any help available?

Post by grouchy »

I recently decided to learn, I bought a TI ez430. Nice, inexpensive, but there is a lack of information for newbies like me.
I'm using this to learn both the hardware and C, with which I'm not familiar.
Needing output, I interfaced a 2X16 LCD to it, and and led on one output pin, and an input pin as a adc.
I have a simple program that displays the adc value on the lcd, now I want the led to turn on if the adc is >1v, off if <1v, but I'm having problems properly configuring the i/o. The LCD display routines always turn on the led and in my ignorance I can't figure out why.
Is there anyone out there who would be willing to help with the ez430?
I'll eventually figure this out, but it's always easier with help.

There seems to be very little available to help beginning hobbyists get started with something like the ez430.

thanks
Rudy

If anyone is interested in CNC g-code, be sure to check out rudy's cnc freeware
Bigglez

Re: new to the ez430, any help available?

Post by Bigglez »

grouchy wrote: I bought a TI ez430. I'm using this to learn both the hardware and C, with which I'm not familiar.
Needing output, I interfaced a 2X16 LCD to it, and and led on one output pin, and an input pin as a adc.
Please post your schematic.
grouchy wrote:I have a simple program that displays the adc value on the lcd, now I want the led to turn on if the adc is >1v, off if <1v, but I'm having problems properly configuring the i/o.
Please post your source code.
philba

Post by philba »

Take a look at the sparkfun web site - they have a 430 section. It's not super active but I think you'll get more help there...

also, TI has a decent amount of sample code on their web site. I'd troll there for ideas.

Reinforcing BL's comment - how do you expect anyone to help with just a vague description of the problem?? Details, man, we need details.