General Instrument 922 4DTV C-band remote

This is the place for any magazine-related discussions that don't fit in any of the column discussion boards below.
Araye50

General Instrument 922 4DTV C-band remote

Post by Araye50 »

Acquired a free, presumed working when disconnected, C-band digital satellite receiver. Its a GI, same as Motorola, model DSR-922. Unfortunately the remote, owners manual, & door/cover for the module all got separated & lost. I've exhausted every possibility locally looking for replacements. I also don't want to put to much cash into this untested satellite receiver & figure there must be plenty of dead units out there, that could donate the items I want. Anyone have or know who might have a used or bargain 4DTV remote model URC-941? I also like original manuals & know I can get the info online, but printer is shot.
jwax

Re: General Instrument 922 4DTV C-band remote

Post by jwax »

WA2RBA
Araye50

Post by Araye50 »

Thanks. Guess I should have limited it to finding a bargain used URC-941 remote. Still operating under the idea there must be some dead receivers out there freeing up some loose remotes. Want to explore that 1st before buying new. Have searched online & found them new as low as $35! Was just going to order 1 before deciding to give this forum a chance & could not find that offer again, but did find $38. Also, will want 2 or more. Manuals are as much as $20 although I'd seen 1 for $8, again somebody must have these sitting collecting dust somewhere, like the cover for the module, completely useless if your receiver is toast.
philba

Post by philba »

I always check ebay when I'm looking for cheap...
Araye50

Post by Araye50 »

You do not seriously believe that I have not checked eBay? For those who might suggest it, I've also tried eWanted too. Unfortunately eWanted is under utilized. Being a novice at this forum I must admit that I have presumed it might be read by enthusiasts, merchants, & repair shops that might accumulate exactly what I'm looking for.
philba

Post by philba »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Araye50:
You do not seriously believe that I have not checked eBay?<hr></blockquote><p>Well, yes, I did. Its amazing how many people don't google or ebay before asking.<p>If you insist on taking offense to a suggestion honestly offered, I doubt you will get a lot of sympathy. You didn't say ebay so I suggested. Taking that as an insult seems, well, silly. You could have, at least, established that you are smarter than that - we don't know who the h*ll you are.
Araye50

Post by Araye50 »

My computer is exceedingly local. I'm neither offended or looking for sympathy. Nor do you need to know who I am, or how smart I am. My inquiry was very clear, was hoping to find somebody who had a dead 922 & wanted to unload a good URC-941 remote & manual VIA THIS FORUM. Suffice it to say I'm aware of eBay & Goggle. Guess all forums are alike in providing sounding boards for the thin skinned. Please forgive me for upsetting you.<p>Let me restate my inquiry. I've searched far & wide, locally & online, by way of every search engine & key words I could think of, w/o finding these items in good used condition & at bargain prices. Perhaps somebody has a fried GI 922, or knows another person who does, & still has the working URC-941 remote, manual, & cover.<p>PS: I don't like eBay much, it is not an auction, its an electronic game of chance.